Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German ww1 pickelhaube spike helmet

Article about: Here is my latest piece I had gotten. Can anyone tell me what it may be worth? I know it is almost 100 years old. I have been looking for some WWI items for my WWI german area of my war room

Default German ww1 pickelhaube spike helmet

Here is my latest piece I had gotten. Can anyone tell me what it may be worth? I know it is almost 100 years old. I have been looking for some WWI items for my WWI german area of my war room. I think this will make a great addition.
    Thanks,
    JohnGerman ww1 pickelhaube spike helmetGerman ww1 pickelhaube spike helmetGerman ww1 pickelhaube spike helmetGerman ww1 pickelhaube spike helmetGerman ww1 pickelhaube spike helmetGerman ww1 pickelhaube spike helmetGerman ww1 pickelhaube spike helmetGerman ww1 pickelhaube spike helmet
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German ww1 pickelhaube spike helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German ww1 pickelhaube spike helmet

Not sure what it would be worth looks great

This looks like a M1895 model and probably dates early 1915, looks alot like mine, Do you have any photos of the inside? is it unit marked, named or dated? I would say around 5-600US in this condition.

I would agree with Maximus, around 600 USD.

?

Very nice helmet. The pickelhaubes are fantastic. I still do not have one of these.

A Model 1895 EM helmet as said and in fine shape! The chinstrap May be an older replacement, as 90% of these usually are, but this is of little consequence. How do the cockards look in hand? Is the paint on them original? These,too, are quite often repainted, as the original paint tended to chip over time. One thing, though-the Wappen (or helmet plate)seems to be sticking out abit overly far particularly on the left wing-does it have the pegs inside through the mounting loops in place? At nearly 100 years old, the plate should be almost part of the leather by now, so someone may have taken it apart as seems to be irresistible to some sellers to do. How does the liner look? Quite often, the owners name was written in ink on the inside of the visor-are there any markings?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Looks like a great helmet, a view from the inside is requested.
    Additional information can be found there, marks , stamps, extra wappen- holes (or not!).
    Evaluation figure stands only if the liner and no extra holes can be find!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

German ww1 pickelhaube spike helmetThe liner is not in good shape. Can't see any names yet. Will look closer. As usual I fell into this on another auction. $350.00 too much? Are these originals hard to find these days?
    My main collecting is WWII, but with the 100th anniversary of the start of WWI next year.I think these things are going to become valuable. Just my opinion. It makes for a well rounded war room.
    Thanks for all the help and opinions.

John

Hi John,
    I think $350 is a very good price for this helmet.
    Congrats.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks Greg:
    I got to quit looking at and attending Auctions. The wife doesn't know about this one yet. Oh well.

John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast