Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbard

Article about: Hi all, Would like to ask a question on the following purchase I made....labeled as a 'German WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbard.' Does anyone maybe know what exact kind or state? Pre

Default German WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbard

Hi all,

Would like to ask a question on the following purchase I made....labeled as a 'German WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbard.' Does anyone maybe know what exact kind or state? Pre WW1 date (1900), bakelite grips, imperial Erfurt arsenal stamp. Both sword and scabbard are matching unit marked. Can anyone shed light on "50.A.6.33"? Also, I can't make out the maker's stamp (?) on the opposite side of the Erfurt stamp. Looks like "(top line) P.D. (bottom line) Lunnsohl" (?) Also, the two very tiny stamps on the very bottom of the blade side near the hilt....are those just inspector's stamps like on firearms?

How do you think it looks for my first sword? Thanks in advance!

German WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbardGerman WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbardGerman WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbardGerman WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbardGerman WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbardGerman WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbardGerman WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbardGerman WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbardGerman WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbardGerman WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbardGerman WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbardGerman WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WWI Cavalry Trooper's sword and scabbard
    P
    Many

A very nice sword - Congrats !

Rub the grip with your finger. Should smell
    awful if it's Bakelite. Might simply be
    hard rubber.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Yup! It does stink!

Nice sabre but it's not a cavalry sabre but rather a generic sabre for all non cavalry units. I think it's commonly referred to as a "Blucher Sabre". The unit marking is 50th Artillery Regiment, 6th Battery, weapon 33.

?

The maker is P.D. Lüneschloss.

CCMJR