Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Germashen help please.

Article about: Hello all, I ve had these puttees for a number of years. They are a very dark navy colour. I've tried to research them but haven't as a lot of luck. They are 2.4 meters long with a 50cm tape

?

Default Germashen help please.

Hello all,
    I ve had these puttees for a number of years. They are a very dark navy colour. I've tried to research them but haven't as a lot of luck.
    They are 2.4 meters long with a 50cm tape. Width is 80 mm. They are marked left and a right.
    The brass fitting is stamped with D.R.P ANG
    Are they military?
    Private purchase?
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Germashen  help please.   Germashen  help please.  

Germashen  help please.  

Pictures are not great but this is not something I recognize as military. NH

?

Better pic of label
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Germashen  help please.  

"Ger"mashen, i see what you did there.

The label does not seem to lead in any military direction, it says "Mars gaiters, L Quality K, Patented in inland and foreign countries".

The Stamp D.R.P probably means Deutsches Reichspatent (German Reich Patent) which was used 1907 - 1945/49 if i´m correct.

Here an Ad i found for them, stating they are "Sports gaiters".

Germashen  help please.

?

Thank you Adravor!
    Unfortunately that wasn't an hilarious jape,........just incredibly bad spelling!!!!!
    Many thanks for the info

Well done Adravor. Hiking and climbing was and still is a very popular activity in Europe. The special clothing to go along with it has been available for years. Neil

?

Some of the German colonial troops wore these in a blue/grey color.