Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Glance into the heart of a WWI German U-boat

Article about: Just a few photos but interesting. Wouldn't want to be in one of these underwater....ever... A rare glance into the heart of a WWI German U-boat - Business Insider Regards, Michael

MAP
    ?

Default Glance into the heart of a WWI German U-boat

Just a few photos but interesting. Wouldn't want to be in one of these underwater....ever...

A rare glance into the heart of a WWI German U-boat - Business Insider

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

thank you Micheal,love U-Boat stuff.

MAP
    ?

My pleasure Harry. I like looking but not "being"...

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

so.many.valves.

MAP
    ?

Quote by fallbarbarossa View Post
    so.many.valves.
    Imaging being depth charged, minimal lighting, water spraying in from stress fractures of the hull and trying to remember which one you needed to turn.....

Quote by MAP View Post
    Imaging being depth charged, minimal lighting, water spraying in from stress fractures of the hull and trying to remember which one you needed to turn.....
    Yea, thanks but I'd join the infantry and request the Eastern Front instead.

Took alot of guts to go to sea in one of these things-3 out of 4 never came back. But there was Never a lack of volunteers for them-right up until the very end.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Took alot of guts to go to sea in one of these things-3 out of 4 never came back. But there was Never a lack of volunteers for them-right up until the very end.
    That is the exact fate of the U boat in the photos, SM UB-110 was only commissioned on the 23rd March 1918 and sunk on the 19th July 1918 with the loss of 23 men.

?

"More hand wheels" LOL

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I thought the 3/4 thing was attributed to WWII? As in 30.000 of the 40.000 German U-boat men never came back. At least that's what the intro to Das Boot told me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast