Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Great Uncle's Great War training manual

Article about: Hi Guys, Does anyone please recognise this training manual from the great war as it was a great uncles and I'm curious to its history / relevance?? Cheers Mart.

Default Great Uncle's Great War training manual

Hi Guys,
    Does anyone please recognise this training manual from the great war as it was a great uncles and I'm curious to its history / relevance??
    Cheers Mart.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great Uncle's Great War training manual   Great Uncle's Great War training manual  

Great Uncle's Great War training manual   Great Uncle's Great War training manual  

Great Uncle's Great War training manual   Great Uncle's Great War training manual  

Great Uncle's Great War training manual  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Great Uncle's Great War training manual
    P
    Many

Default re: Great Uncle's Great War training manual

Mart, it is the basic Imperial German Army recruits handbook, they were private purchase, not issued, at the recruits/soldats expense, and contains most of what a "green" recruit would want to know, everything from "how to stand to attention" to "earthwork construction", it was to supplement his training, and he would be encouraged to purchase a copy by his training Sgt, a great little gem of information for them at the time, and for us collectors now ! it is full of charts on medals, insignia, rank, etc, etc......yours has been covered by the user with what is probably paper from that time. Inside the front cover you should see its title and publisher. I believe thy were published from around the mid ninteenth century to the end of the Great War. They are not rare and frequently come up on auction sites such as E-Bay, they sell for around £25-35. Thanks for showing.
    Prost ! Steve.