Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hanseatic Napoleonic Campaigns Medal 1814 1815

Article about: Hello Gents, I'd like to share a recent purchase. How do you like it? Is it silver or white metal? Ribbon seems period to you? thanks in advance. Cheers, Alex

Default Hanseatic Napoleonic Campaigns Medal 1814 1815

Hello Gents, I'd like to share a recent purchase. How do you like it? Is it silver or white metal? Ribbon seems period to you? thanks in advance.

Cheers, Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hanseatic Napoleonic Campaigns Medal 1814 1815   Hanseatic Napoleonic Campaigns Medal 1814 1815  

Hanseatic Napoleonic Campaigns Medal 1814 1815   Hanseatic Napoleonic Campaigns Medal 1814 1815  

Hanseatic Napoleonic Campaigns Medal 1814 1815   Hanseatic Napoleonic Campaigns Medal 1814 1815  

Default Re: Hanseatic Napoleonic Campaigns Medal 1814 1815

Any Napoleonic fellow collectors around?? Maybe this particular piece is not appealing enough? Thanks anyway.

Lol - I like it. It's possible that this is a medal struck in commemoration
    of the dates rather than an actual medal of the period. The ribbon
    has no real age to it, but likely be a later addition. The medal
    could be silver plate over bronze.........
    Regards,

Steve.

This is a fairly rare medal-only 800 were issued in Silver and 12 in gold. Unfortunately, I'm not feeling too good about this one. The rim is uneven in width and seems to be off center. The background of the cross side especially, has way too much luster and shininess for a medal of this age. 200 years old should not look this glittery.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wish I could help, but I have absolutely no knowledge
    of these what so ever.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Steve, William, let me thank you on your comments. I kind of felt the same about the back once I got it although the obverse seemed to have a nice patina. Its weight feels very light. It was advertised as coming with original ribbon, in silver, and issued to combatants... that is why I am puzzled about the possibility of being a plain fake or a private/late issue not really 1815 period piece. Could this be the case? Would love to see if another one appears on this thread as to compare.

If you do a quick Google, you can find a few images of original Hanseatic's. Here is one that I found from a different website with a replacement ribbon(which is,apparently, common, seeing as they are 200 years old). You can see what i was referring to as how your piece is off centered with an uneven thickness rim.

Hanseatic Napoleonic Campaigns Medal 1814 1815
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    This is a fairly rare medal-only 800 were issued in Silver and 12 in gold.
    Info checked in ehrenzeichen-orden.de " Es wurden ca. 4400 Medaillen in Silber und 12 in Gold gefertigt."

Gorget
    ?

Alex, nice Medal!!! Do you collect items of the Hanseatic Legion???? I have a rarer than Chickenteath other Ranks Sword of the Hanseatic Infantrie what i am thinking about to separate from!!!!
    Bests Hansey