Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help Dating Imperial German Trench Art Cane Handle

Article about: I bought this recently at a local estate sale. I'm trying to date looks maybe Franco Prussian war. Coolest trench art ever.

Default Help Dating Imperial German Trench Art Cane Handle

I bought this recently at a local estate sale. I'm trying to date looks maybe Franco Prussian war. Coolest trench art ever. Help Dating Imperial German Trench Art Cane HandleHelp Dating Imperial German Trench Art Cane Handle

?

What is it made of and what tells you it is trench art ?

Carved from wood and I'm not 100% it is trench art.

Not military IMO. Slightly naughty stick handle, there was a fashion for such risque items in the late 19th century, so dating is probably about right.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It's definitely unique...Perhaps made by a member of one of the many civilian Wander/AlpenVereine...he's an alpine mountaineer, isn't he?
    cheers, Glenn

I guess its hard to see in photos but the mans in a uniform with sword. I have owned some German regimental steins like this risqué that is.

At least she kept her shoes on.....The little tinker.

I thought it was a type of resin tbh. It looks like it's got a casting seam up the guys trouser leg and the material looks 'plasticky', but hey ho, a saucy little piece whatever.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

No its all carved wood not resin.

What indicates to you that it's German?
    cheers, Glenn

The wood looks to me to be black forest and the uniform looks like some of the Franco Prussian era uniforms. I'm no expert just guessing