Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Help to ID a helmet insignia

Article about: I picked up this model 16 shell (I am calling it a 16 because it is marked “Q66 (F.W. Quist –size 66 (and per my reference they only made model 16), it was repainted a light blue-green (almo

?

Default Help to ID a helmet insignia

I picked up this model 16 shell (I am calling it a 16 because it is marked “Q66 (F.W. Quist –size 66 (and per my reference they only made model 16), it was repainted a light blue-green (almost a light gray), I could see a decals under the paint on the right side. So I got my paint remover out and gave it a try (there was nothing to be lost-the repaint had to go). So under the paint I found a hand painted insignia, per the photos, could anyone help me ID it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help to ID a helmet insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help to ID a helmet insignia
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help to ID a helmet insignia

Latvian? If you are interested in selling please let me know. Jim G.

?

Thanks for the information( and all of the PMs), but I think that I will hold on to it for a while, being hand painted, could anyone give me the period where such an insignia would have been used?

?

I have been informed that it may be a Freikorps helmets (1919- 1923) from one of these states. Brandenburg, Hessen or Thuringia. Could this be correct?

9mm
    ?

I have been reading this forum for a long time, but I have just now joined (thanks for the good information). I also have a helmet which have been re-painted, how did you remove the new paint, saving the painted insignia? Do you have any photos of the helmet before the paint was removed?