MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

HELP ORIGINAL OR FAKE:1914 2nd CLASS IRON CROSS

Article about: Hello everyone. I bought an Iron Cross 2nd Class 1914 in a shop for collectors of Madrid Have marking KO. It is magnetic, stick the magnet. Made of three parts. I think the Ribbon is also or

Default HELP ORIGINAL OR FAKE:1914 2nd CLASS IRON CROSS

Hello everyone.
    I bought an Iron Cross 2nd Class 1914 in a shop for collectors of Madrid
    Have marking KO. It is magnetic, stick the magnet. Made of three parts. I think the Ribbon is also original. Printing is well defined.
    The problem after a few hours, you pass your finger wet and black spot. I step gently with a damp tissue and also is stained black. It is as if he had removed a thin black paint layer. But no longer stain the tissue and the Cross remains the black paint, as if the original paint
    Talk to the store owner by phone, surprised he told me that was totally original, that he saw that wasn´t repainted, had not been cleaned ever ...
    I also said if in doubt, I stop by the shop and return the money
    What think you? I think it is original but not understand the black paint
    Thanks for the help.
    A greeting
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP ORIGINAL OR FAKE:1914 2nd CLASS IRON CROSS   HELP ORIGINAL OR FAKE:1914 2nd CLASS IRON CROSS  

HELP ORIGINAL OR FAKE:1914 2nd CLASS IRON CROSS   HELP ORIGINAL OR FAKE:1914 2nd CLASS IRON CROSS  

HELP ORIGINAL OR FAKE:1914 2nd CLASS IRON CROSS   HELP ORIGINAL OR FAKE:1914 2nd CLASS IRON CROSS  

Default Re: HELP ORIGINAL OR FAKE:1914 2nd CLASS IRON CROSS

Certainly looks like original paint after looking at the close shots of the frame to core. Perhaps what you are rubbing off is just surface grime from years past...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I can only think it is dirt too? Like Steve, I think the Cross looks fine.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Certainly looks like original paint after looking at the close shots of the frame to core. Perhaps what you are rubbing off is just surface grime from years past...
    Is it possible to be original after all?
    What else may tell me?
    Thanks

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I can only think it is dirt too? Like Steve, I think the Cross looks fine.

Cheers, Ade.
    It's very pretty. My favorite along with the EK2 1939
    It had a bit of green and black patina that removes easily with your fingernail.
    I think it is in very good condition
    Thanks

Hi, it looks ok to me. Here's a link to my K.O. to compare : - https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...al-eks-8822-2/
    It looks like a different core was used on your one. I'm not sure if that's usual. I wonder if anyone else has some info, Cheers, Richard.

?

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    It looks like a different core was used on your one. I'm not sure if that's usual. I wonder if anyone else has some info, Cheers, Richard.
    Thats what I noticed
    The reverse side ,1813 side,The oak leaf's and acorn look different

So what does this mean?
    There are doubts ......
    It is magnetic. made of three pieces .... I think the ribbon is original, bought in a shop for militaria collectors.
    What think you, who know much more about medals?

It is a fine original. Not every maker had only one core that they used.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Thanks for the authentication.
    A greeting