Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with pickelhaube

Article about: Hello Guys ,I bought this on a impulse a couple of years ago from a uk site that was having a sale ,but i dont know if it,s correct at all ,a outright fake or a bitz and peice,s made up thin

?

Default Help with pickelhaube

Hello Guys ,I bought this on a impulse a couple of years ago from a uk site that was having a sale ,but i dont know if it,s correct at all ,a outright fake or a bitz and peice,s made up thing .I,ve trawled the internet but still not much wiser any help will be much appreciated ,Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with pickelhaube   Help with pickelhaube  

Help with pickelhaube   Help with pickelhaube  

Help with pickelhaube  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with pickelhaube
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Help with pickelhaube

I'm no expert but it looks like someone took a em helmet and made it into an officers. The top spike looks em and so does the liner . Let's see if I'm right more knowledgeable members will be along soon . Gary

?

Thanks mate ,I thought something was going on with it ,regards Paul

Might be the pictures, but the forms are not right for me!
    It is a replica to me.
    The spike base; going up-warts, the rear neck flap, asn't got the right form and the linner look no good to me.
    sorry.
    Steve oradour, is the man you need on thise one!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Thanks mate

You are welcome!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Paul...sorry, but the whole thing is a fake, it purports to be an EM's (not an Officers) "Grenadier-Regt" Pickelhaube, it is credible from side on....but all goes to pot when viewed from all other angles ! (and close-up) The interior is the worst and instantly shows up what it is, poor brad split pins holding the spike base on, a shiny new leather liner that's never had a head in it ! it sits all wrong...quality workmanship just is not there...spike and base wrong shape, "Grenadier Adler" wappen (front plate) probably cast and not stamped, lacks detail....badly fitting chinscale segments, fastener nodule at front too large....does not appear to be highly laquered, just blackened, a premier Regiments haube, such as a Garde/Fusilier/Grenadier would be highly laquered, and I would expect to see some crazing here and there...this helmet did'nt come from a company based in the Nottingham area by any chance, did it ? here is my line infantry M1895 huabe for comparson....sorry for the mauling.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with pickelhaube   Help with pickelhaube  

Help with pickelhaube  

?

Thanks Steve, the more i looked at it the more worried i became ,and yes i did come from that area .Thanks Paul.

Another example from the Andy Beale & Co stables "U.K. Military Bargains" "UKMS" .......fakers and agers per excellance...NOT !

Dear Paul:

Here is what a correct, and original Prussian Grenadier's eagle front plate looks like. I hope that this helps a little.

Cheers,
    Bruce Hermann
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with pickelhaube  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast