Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Help please - Buckle converted to brooch

Article about: My wife found this somewhere and bought it for me. I however do not know what it is. It looks like an old buckle that has been converted into a brooch. I cannot even place the origin of the

Default Help please - Buckle converted to brooch

My wife found this somewhere and bought it for me. I however do not know what it is. It looks like an old buckle that has been converted into a brooch. I cannot even place the origin of the piece, crown could be Belgian?? Please have a look and tell me what you think, thank you.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo146.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	159316  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Help please - Buckle converted to brooch

Tom, it is a a buckle, but not IMO Imperial German ....however the fastner, pin/hinge and hook are of a German style, commonly seen on EK I (1920's/30's) and TR combat badges !.... I show an Imperial Kaiserliche Marine Officers buckle for comparison....
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Tom, it is a a buckle, but not IMO Imperial German ....however the fastner, pin/hinge and hook are of a German style, commonly seen on EK I (1920's/30's) and TR combat badges !.... I show an Imperial Kaiserliche Marine Officers buckle for comparison....
    I have a thing called a "Hate Bracelet" that is made from British sholder board pips - by the Germans. Maybe that is what this is. A German killed the man wearing this buckle and made a trophy out of it. Makes a nice story, anyway.

Nice buckle.
    I thought the item wasn't German, so maybe the idea of it being a war souvenir isn't that far off, hence the German hardware.
    Tom