MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Help please - Buckle converted to brooch

Article about: My wife found this somewhere and bought it for me. I however do not know what it is. It looks like an old buckle that has been converted into a brooch. I cannot even place the origin of the

Default Help please - Buckle converted to brooch

My wife found this somewhere and bought it for me. I however do not know what it is. It looks like an old buckle that has been converted into a brooch. I cannot even place the origin of the piece, crown could be Belgian?? Please have a look and tell me what you think, thank you.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help please - Buckle converted to brooch  
    Attached Images Attached Images Help please - Buckle converted to brooch 

Default Re: Help please - Buckle converted to brooch

Tom, it is a a buckle, but not IMO Imperial German ....however the fastner, pin/hinge and hook are of a German style, commonly seen on EK I (1920's/30's) and TR combat badges !.... I show an Imperial Kaiserliche Marine Officers buckle for comparison....
    Attached Images Attached Images Help please - Buckle converted to brooch  Help please - Buckle converted to brooch 

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Tom, it is a a buckle, but not IMO Imperial German ....however the fastner, pin/hinge and hook are of a German style, commonly seen on EK I (1920's/30's) and TR combat badges !.... I show an Imperial Kaiserliche Marine Officers buckle for comparison....
    I have a thing called a "Hate Bracelet" that is made from British sholder board pips - by the Germans. Maybe that is what this is. A German killed the man wearing this buckle and made a trophy out of it. Makes a nice story, anyway.

Nice buckle.
    I thought the item wasn't German, so maybe the idea of it being a war souvenir isn't that far off, hence the German hardware.
    Tom