Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Uniform/Branch of Service Please!

Article about: Hello Friends, A new pickup, arrived from Germany yesterday...But I have no idea what I'm looking at here as far as uniform/branch of service, nor do I know what the plain black collar-tabs

Default Help with Uniform/Branch of Service Please!

Hello Friends,
    A new pickup, arrived from Germany yesterday...But I have no idea what I'm looking at here as far as uniform/branch of service, nor do I know what the plain black collar-tabs represent...There's nothing at all on the reverse....Any help would be tremendously appreciated!
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Uniform/Branch of Service Please!   Help with Uniform/Branch of Service Please!  

If his tunic collar is black he is likely to be Ingenieur und Pionierkorps, i wasn't aware that "waffenfarbe" was worn on greatcoat collar tabs though, but i know bugger all about Imperial German stuff!...

Thanks, Gunny...I can't quite explain it, but there's something peculiar about this photo...I don't know if it's the uniform or the man himself, perhaps it's the way he appears to gaze back at the viewer, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

I can't help thinking that he looks a little anxious!....

?

Are they black? Maybe red? here is another RPPC WWI German Soldier w Greatcoat Cigar Feldpost Ehrenbreitstein 1914 | eBay
    I think what you have is a photo of an infantry man in the dark blue uniform and over coat.

?

The stripe on the shoulder board does mean something, but as of right now I can't remember (have to drag out the books).
    The coat is a light grey color with red tabs on the collar.

Thank you very much for your help, especially the link!
    cheers, Glenn