Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Help with WW1 holster

Article about: I have this WW1 Holster. Could anyone tell me anything about it or what the number is on the reverse? Thank you

Default Help with WW1 holster

Help with WW1 holsterHelp with WW1 holsterHelp with WW1 holsterHelp with WW1 holsterI have this WW1 Holster.

Could anyone tell me anything about it or what the number is on the reverse?

Thank you

Default Re: Help with WW1 holster

dcfc1234,

If you would like to see other examples of your holster, try this site The Collector's Guild. As far as numbers, SB8919? I would let someone else take a shot.

Anton
    Last edited by AntonEbans; 01-09-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Your holster started life in 1917 as an LP08 (artillery model Luger). Sometime after 1918 it was converted to P08 use. Although it is in the military configuration now the marking on the back is a property mark for the Weimar era Schutzpolizei Berlin. In the center front of the holster cover you can see a circular plug repair. This indicates that the holster went from artillery configuration to Wemar police configuration and finally to Reichswehr use. The difference between police Luger holsters and army holsters was the closure method. Army holsters had buckle closures with the strap running down. Police holsters had stud closures with the strap running up from the body to the stud on the lid.

WOW thankyou so much for the info.

I do not collect anything like this thats why I had no idea!

Has it any value or do people collect these type of holsters? That way I maybe able to sell it or trade it in for something more within my collecting theme.

Many thanks

Maybe up to $200 at most.