Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hindenburg Trench Candle

Article about: I won this nice little piece in a raffle a week ago. A nice little piece of history. These "Hindenburglicht's" (Trench lights) were used as a source of lighting used in the trenche

MAP
    ?

Default Hindenburg Trench Candle

I won this nice little piece in a raffle a week ago.

A nice little piece of history. These "Hindenburglicht's" (Trench lights) were used as a source of lighting in the trenches of WW1

The shell was made out of a pasteboard and the candle out of tallow. They could burn for a few hours.

You can see the candle is a bit glossy. That is due to the 90 degree heat and humidity we are experiencing now.

Enjoy!

Hindenburg Trench Candle

Hindenburg Trench Candle

Hindenburg Trench Candle

Hindenburg Trench Candle
    Last edited by MAP; 07-06-2018 at 01:30 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hindenburg Trench Candle
    P
    Many

?

That Hindenburglicht's looks to have held up nicely for being over a 100 years old.

I like the B&W pic you took. Nice display set up

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    That Hindenburglicht's looks to have held up nicely for being over a 100 years old.

I like the B&W pic you took. Nice display set up

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks Phil.....very odd...I posted a reply a few hours ago....and then it disappeared.

Was quite lucky in that the package was sitting on my doorstep in the 90+ degree heat and humidity for a few hours. A bit longer and the tallow would have completely melted

I was just playing around with the photo software. Thought it would be fitting to add a B/W and Sepia toned photograph!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

We are at 112 degrees, forecast of 116 tomorrow.That would have been a puddle if it sat at my doorstep.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    We are at 112 degrees, forecast of 116 tomorrow.That would have been a puddle if it sat at my doorstep.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Yes, I heard about the heat wave out there. Don't know how you guys handle that heat. Dry or not! We had it all week here but also with oppressive humidity. Tomorrow it will finally break below 90.

?

Nice find.. Keep out of reach or in the showcase.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hindenburg Trench Candle  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Nice find.. Keep out of reach or in the showcase.. G
    That is the first laugh I have had in many weeks! Thanks G!

Very nice pictures, Michael.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Very nice pictures, Michael.
    Chalk it up to software! Not my skills. I just clicked a few buttons

?

Nice piece, Last time I was in AZ it was in the triple digits, they kept say it was a dry heat. To which I replied,"like in an oven."