Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Husaren Interim Attila tunic.

Article about: Gents, I thought I would show my latest aquisition, an Hussars Officers undress tunic (Interim Attila) worn by officers as a second service dress, worn in the mess, for walking out, off duty

Default Husaren Interim Attila tunic.

Husaren Interim Attila tunic.Husaren Interim Attila tunic.Husaren Interim Attila tunic.Husaren Interim Attila tunic.Husaren Interim Attila tunic.Husaren Interim Attila tunic.Husaren Interim Attila tunic.Husaren Interim Attila tunic.Husaren Interim Attila tunic.Gents, I thought I would show my latest aquisition, an Hussars Officers undress tunic (Interim Attila) worn by officers as a second service dress, worn in the mess, for walking out, off duty, church parades etc. This tunic is for the rank of "Degenfahnrich", that is, the Regiments appointed senior officer cadet, having passed all his exams at the acadamy he was returned to his regiment to await promotion to 2nd Lieutenant, he was allowed certain officer privileges during this time, for example, officer cockades, sword and knot, and also the Degenfahnrich was permitted to wear off duty in undress, the officers interim tunic, but with the braid/frogging in black and white wool instead of the usual officers black and silver wire braid, also the tunic was worn with other ranks shoulder straps. This particular example is from "Husaren-Regt. von Zieten (Brandenburgisches) Nr.3 (Rathenow) III Armee Korps" and is listed as dark blue !...however Imperial German blue was a much brighter colour than the dark blue in the British Army. This particular Regiments colour for its service Attila was bright red, but for its Interim it was dark blue with no braid around the hip pockets. The tunic is in fairly good condition for its age, it is well over 100 years old, and sadly has suffered some moth damage around the bottom of the tunic, I shall look into some form of sympathetic restoration. It is also sporting cyphers on the straps, from the 7th Husaren Regt (the 3rd had no cyphers), it would appear that they have been on a long time (I shall leave them on) , did he transfer upon promotion as the 7th also wore a blue Attila ?. The tunic came with loops for an EK I and a pinback EK II device attached the braid by the second toggle/button, having no buttonhole to attach a ribbon thro this was a method of display on these types of tunics. The lining is in good condition and features an internal belt, breast pockets and two hidden pockets on rear flaps (as on Dunkelblau tunics). This tunic would of been worn with white linen trousers and a service cap along with the lion headed undress sabre.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 09-22-2010 at 01:04 PM.

Default Re: Husaren Interim Attila tunic.

This is a great tunic, the quality of the material has helped it survive the last 100 years..good find and thanks for showing...

Hi Steve, what a brilliant tunic A great addition to your collection, Cheers, Richard.

Absolutely gorgeous. I have always liked these. My wife Lez has just looked at it and said she would wear that today!

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks gents, Ade, my wife also likes this tunic, it is very Adam Ant ! she said.......Prost ! Steve.

?

Very nice tunic. Hussars are hard to find.
    Steve

Great tunic and in wonderful condition for it's age.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Very pretty. Great addition.

Nice one Steve !
    Very 'flashy' for back then........................!
    Regards,

Steve.