Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

I Never Thought I Would Find a Real Provable One of These: 94th Reg't Pickelhaube

Article about: Hello, Every one of us pickelhaube collectors knows how easy it is to switch front plates on some of the special regiments that have devices on the front plates. I have always had a certain

Default I Never Thought I Would Find a Real Provable One of These: 94th Reg't Pickelhaube

Hello,

Every one of us pickelhaube collectors knows how easy it is to switch front plates on some of the special regiments that have devices on the front plates. I have always had a certain degree of worry or fear in wanting to add one of these special regiment helmets to my collection.

I never dreamed I would ever find a real, provable helmet from the area in Germany where my father's ancestors come from, especially from out of the "woodwork". This is an enlisted reservist helmet of the 94th Regiment of Saxe-Weimar, with the issue unit markings to prove the front plate that is on this helmet is correct and original to this helmet. It comes straight from the family of a WW1 US soldier. Exactly how he acquired it, I do not know at this point of time. Yes, these are still out there with families.

The cover is marked DRP under the visor.

Please excuse the phone camera photos, I did not take them. They were taken by the family. I'll take some better photos when the helmet arrives later this week. The family is looking for the other side of the chinscale set, and the elusive Saxe-Weimar kokarde. Not sure if they will find the other parts or not.

Best Regards,

Alan

I Never Thought I Would Find a Real Provable One of These: 94th Reg't PickelhaubeI Never Thought I Would Find a Real Provable One of These: 94th Reg't PickelhaubeI Never Thought I Would Find a Real Provable One of These: 94th Reg't PickelhaubeI Never Thought I Would Find a Real Provable One of These: 94th Reg't PickelhaubeI Never Thought I Would Find a Real Provable One of These: 94th Reg't PickelhaubeI Never Thought I Would Find a Real Provable One of These: 94th Reg't PickelhaubeI Never Thought I Would Find a Real Provable One of These: 94th Reg't PickelhaubeI Never Thought I Would Find a Real Provable One of These: 94th Reg't PickelhaubeI Never Thought I Would Find a Real Provable One of These: 94th Reg't PickelhaubeI Never Thought I Would Find a Real Provable One of These: 94th Reg't PickelhaubeI Never Thought I Would Find a Real Provable One of These: 94th Reg't PickelhaubeI Never Thought I Would Find a Real Provable One of These: 94th Reg't Pickelhaube

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I Never Thought I Would Find a Real Provable One of These: 94th Reg't Pickelhaube
    P
    Many

?

Great looking Haube
    Congrats on finding your dream!!!! I hope the family will find the other kockarde and chinstrap for you.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Congratulations Alan
    Great helmet.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Congratulations Alan!
    It's a great feeling finding something you've been looking for for a long time. Nice Haulbe!
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-21-2015 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Typo
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks very much Phil, Greg, and Ralph, I appreciate your nice comments!

It's been a very lucky year for me!

Best Regards,

Alan