Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I would appreciate all opinions regarding the colour of a faded ribbon on a ribbon bar I have acquired.

Article about: by Chopperman Can you get any better pics of the back where it possibly isn't faded as bad? I'm not saying it's not white. I am just preparing for the questions that will be asked on the oth

KSH
    ?

Default Re: I would appreciate all opinions regarding the colour of a faded ribbon on a ribbon bar I have acquired.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Can you get any better pics of the back where it possibly isn't faded as bad?
    I'm not saying it's not white. I am just preparing for the questions that will
    be asked on the other forums.
    This is the best I can do, Greg! I have really tried my best at capturing the true colours here. Bear in mind Greg, that the colours are more faded on the reverse than on the front (due it having been exposed to some moisture over time I believe).

I would appreciate all opinions regarding the colour of a faded ribbon on a ribbon bar I have acquired.I would appreciate all opinions regarding the colour of a faded ribbon on a ribbon bar I have acquired.I would appreciate all opinions regarding the colour of a faded ribbon on a ribbon bar I have acquired.I would appreciate all opinions regarding the colour of a faded ribbon on a ribbon bar I have acquired.

- Kenneth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I would appreciate all opinions regarding the colour of a faded ribbon on a ribbon bar I have acquired.
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Default Re: I would appreciate all opinions regarding the colour of a faded ribbon on a ribbon bar I have acquired.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Iron Cross II
    Wurttemburg Tapferkeit Medal
    Hindenberg Cross
    War Merit Cross
    Westwall Medal

Have a peek under the ribbon.
    Yellow with black stripes.
    I have considered that possibility, actually my first assumption. I just feel it looks too identical to the other white areas of the other ribbons.

- Kenneth

I don't believe it can be anything but a Wurttemberg Bravery Medal.
    To me it is blatantly obvious.........

What Greg has already said - If another award of an Iron Cross
    was made, it would have been the 1st Class.
    Regards,

Steve.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I don't believe it can be anything but a Wurttemberg Bravery Medal.
    To me it is blatantly obvious.........

What Greg has already said - If another award of an Iron Cross
    was made, it would have been the 1st Class.
    Logically it is very obvious. But to my eyes (faulty as they may be) it looks more like white than yellow, of course the yellow could have faded. The thing that bothers me with the ribbon being for a Württemberg award is that the colour of the ribbon especially on the front matches the other white areas 100%. Not just similar, but identical tone of colour.

But on second thought I take back what I said about being certain about that ribbon being black/white - I just don't know. Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see...

- Kenneth

KSH
    ?

What is certain though, is that I always like to challenge axioms of the collector-world!

- Kenneth

KSH
    ?

Update:

I have just now lighted the ribbon bar with all kinds of light (warm light, cold light etc) and that really changes it for me. I hereby offer my unconditional surrender, it looks more yellow and stands more apart in these "lighting experiments" than I have seen it in daylight. Württemberg it is (as all sound reasoning would dictate).

Not so exciting anymore now is it? I apologize for wasting everybody's time

Maybe I just needed some excitement in my life...

- Kenneth

Quote by KSH View Post
    Update:
    I apologize for wasting everybody's time

- Kenneth
    No need to apologize my friend.
    It was a good debate that didn't degrade into the typical mud
    and name calling that happens on some forums.

I did get a couple responses from on another forum and the
    opinion there was "Wurttemburg".
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    No need to apologize my friend.
    It was a good debate that didn't degrade into the typical mud
    and name calling that happens on some forums.

I did get a couple responses from on another forum and the
    opinion there was "Wurttemburg".
    An interesting debate it was, and as usual I end up learning something. The cold light (light blue LED) test really revealed it clearly. But when using very warm light, the light actually makes them look identical. Should have tried that at first. Thank you guys for educating an amateur that really should learn to trust his initial sound judgments!

- Kenneth

It is a nice ribbon bar and I'm sure any of us would be pleased to own it.

The ribbons have been toned with time, wear and age, and I can
    understand why you were puzzled over it. The yellow colour
    has faded to 'white', while the white in the EK ribbon
    has darkened to 'yellow'.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I have been told that the last ribbon (far right) is the Wurttemburg
    long service medal.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast