Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Alex Coppel bayonet

Article about: I have been offered this as a WW2 vet bring back. He says his dad collected things from Germans. The only other Coppel one I have seen had no number. Was this a re-issue for WW2? Also, he ha

?

Default Imperial Alex Coppel bayonet

I have been offered this as a WW2 vet bring back. He says his dad collected things from Germans. The only other Coppel one I have seen had no number. Was this a re-issue for WW2? Also, he has no idea on priceing (just hate that) and wants an offer. Any ideas?

Imperial Alex Coppel bayonetImperial Alex Coppel bayonetImperial Alex Coppel bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Alex Coppel bayonet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Imperial Alex Coppel bayonet

You could try this site for an ideal of pricing (Top dollar of course), I've used the site to price/insure some of my own bayonets. Ger For Sale

alikat, it is a model 95/08 n.A (neuer Art, new pattern) having the flashguard fitted (along the top of the wood grips), as of 1914, in my opinion it was originally a the "sawback" variety, the sawback being ground off, probably at some time during the first war, as they were not popular with Allied troops (if caught with one it usually was a death sentence !), the frog is damaged, as for the numbers, that usually denotes further use after WW1 (as the Imperial Army only marked with Regimentals)....Turkish/Finnish ? value...approx £90.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thanks Anton and Steve,
    I have zero experience with WW1 stuff, and this is part of a larger collection that is being sold off that I am also interested in. At least I am in a position to know how high to go on an offer now.

That site does have several manufactured by Coppel, I think even one with the saw teeth removed like yours, Though not as good of condition.

Butchers