Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Imperial aviator, a macabre souvenir.

Article about: Thought i'd show this tobacco pouch, it has an interesting story to go with it, i bought it from Germany some years ago, at a time when i was building up a collection of WW1 period German so

Default Re: Imperial aviator, a macabre souvenir.

Alex....thanks for that, I shall print off both your information and that of the base site, for provanence re/ the tobacco/cigar case.
    Prost !.....Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Hello-it seems strange that an item like this doesn't mention the event or even the name of the individual being commemorated but does mention the state-are you sure it's not a coincidence?-things happen every day that aren't related.

lithgow.....as explained in the intro, when I first bought the item, the seller in Germany told me the story ...but I didnt buy it for the story (nobody should buy items purely on the story!), I bought the item...only when i researched, did I find HIS story to be true, nothing of any significance happened on this day in Kiel in 1914 to make me believe otherwise. But of course I shall stand corrected if any new information should come to light.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12