Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Dagger

Article about: Guys How would this knife have been worn , would it have been inside the boot? What sort of tool would have been in the vacant slot on the back was it a sharpening tool? Also I have not seen

?

Default Imperial Dagger

Guys

How would this knife have been worn , would it have been inside the boot? What sort of tool would have been in the vacant slot on the back was it a sharpening tool? Also I have not seen this type before so if you could direct me to some photos on this type please?

Regards Delboy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Dagger  
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial Dagger 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Dagger
    P
    Many

The slot might have been an attachment point for a clip if it was indeed a boot knife. I'm no expert on blades by any means, but I can at least make that observation.
    Hopefully someone comes along who knows Imperial daggers inside and out, and is able to help you!

B.B.

Greetings Delboy,

While I cannot speak to the unique scabbard's back slot's function, I would humbly direct you to post #28 on this thread https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...nife-370751-3/ and compare it with your knife's handles.

V/r Lance

Beware that reproduction trench knives using this makers name are still being produced in India and sold through online knife traders for around $60. That scabbard may not have originally been paired with that knife.

I'd advise you to take a look at the thread "WW1-WW2 German Trench Knife?" in the K98 Bayonet Forum, and research others on fake trench knives.

?

Thanks for the heads up on this and I will give thus one a miss.

Regards Delboy.