Page 12 of 184 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

Chopperman, quite right, i have two TR cross's a I & II, both brought back from Italy, & given to me by my father-in-law (now sadly deceased), & know the stories of how they were aquired !... thats the only reason i keep them. Stephen Previtera in the book 'The Iron Time' states ' Place any ten iron crosses (Imperial)on a table and you would be lucky to find two that match ' & goes on to express, ' the vaulted cross is more appealing to the eye ', and i too, agree.

Quote by Glenn R View Post
    I started out years ago with TR EK's and thought I'd get a couple of those old WW1 crosses just for the sake of completion! The first time I handled a vaulted silver imperial EK1 I was sold. Now they are the only crosses that I have collected religiously for years. I will still buy a TR cross if it's exceptionally good. I'm particularly fond of Klein & Quenzers but the variety and beauty of the imperial crosses is my main interest.
    Hi Glenn, I know what you mean about WW1 & WW2 EK's. Oddly I collect TR items made by Klein & Quenzer only!! My EK2 by them is a favourite with me.

Hi Chaps, here's my latest EK2. One a day at the moment It's got a lovely untouched feel with a black patinated frame & a nicely rattling core. The ring is maker marked 'Wilm' for H.R. Wilm of Berlin.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0001.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	242.1 KB 
ID:	51178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0002.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	246.4 KB 
ID:	51179  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0003.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	246.6 KB 
ID:	51180   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0004.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	248.7 KB 
ID:	51181  

DUJAILAH, Klein & Quenzer, of Idar Oberstein, holders of a Prasidialkanzlei Lieferant Number, 65, authorising official decorations/awards for government consumption & distribution, and were partially licensed under the LDO (Leistungsgemeinschaft Deutscher Ordensherstaller) number L/26, meaning that they could make and sell a range of awards for private purchase. LDO regulations became effective in March 1941, apologies if you already knew. p.s. nice 'Wilm'.

Hi Oradour, thanks for the useful info. I've got a few awards to them (but it's early days), I've even got a belt buckle!! (see below)

That's interesting Richard. I can understand your interest in K&Q stuff. I never knew they produced belt buckles. It's the overall quality and style that appeals to me. The frosted black finish on a minty K&Q EK is superb. I'd personally rate them above the other desirable makers, Junkers, S&L etc.

Hi Glenn, I know what you mean. There's a touch of quality with the K&Q items, Cheers, Richard.

That's a real nice looking 2nd class cross.

Well done.
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks Greg.

my wife gave me an ultimatum, your collection goes or I go.
    the collection stayed, so did she !
    Attached Images Attached Images