Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

here is a vaulted EK1 wearing a Luftwaffe tunic. you may observe that above the silver content 800 stamp on the left arm of the cross there is also stamped the letter "0". I assume this is a manufacturers mark, but who ?
    I also include the image of the EK2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

prosty zolnierz, super vaulted EKI, you can see the design in operation, so to speak, look how the 'arms' on the cross follow the body contour of the jacket, it almost becomes part of the jacket, and does not just 'hang upon it', poetry in motion !.....you are quite right the 800 mark is the silver content, they ranged through, .800, .900, .920,.935,.938, and .950, as well as the words 'SILBER', i am aware that '0' is a known mark, but it is an unknown maker of the EK II, but to date as far as i am aware, it is not a documented mark for EK I, it is quite possible that this unknown maker also made EK I's. It could be a quality assurance mark of some sort, as is, a known square marking. Your EK II looks to be a nice original example, any marks on the suspension ring ? The Luftwaffe Major engineers tunic with its attached observers badge looks to be a rare piece in great condition, thanks for showing.

Propaganda Iron Cross. yes i know it isnt strictly an Imperial EK of any description, never the less i think it it deserves mention. Many moons ago this item would of been described as a 'Patriotic' souvenir, from the homefront in Germany, however it was later identified as a piece of British propaganda, made in England, rumoured to be in the Lancashire town of Leigh, (where a large German POW camp was located), 44mm square, made of cast iron, and has the 'W' surmounted by a cross in the centre, with the names of 6 towns/cities in France & Belguim where in the eyes of the allies, the German army had committed atrocities, the massacre at Dinant, burning of the library at Louvain, the sacking of Antwerp, Ghent, Rheims & Amiens, the bottom arm on each side has '1914' upon it, obviously made to embarras the Germans. It has also been rumoured that they were thrown into German lines/trenches from aircraft !....although no evidence to support this is forthcoming !....probably sold to the British public to raise funds. The Americans produced a similiar cross, ive yet to find one. Hope i havent bored you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Hi Oradour, very interesting. I've seen these around; but didn't know the story behind them. Thanks for showing, Cheers, Richard.

That vaulted cross is a real beauty.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi Chaps, here's my latest EK2. As you can see it's marked 'Z' (or is it an 'N'). Possible maker "Zeich" of Berlin. There's also another number on the small ring on the medal, it's a 2 and something else. Sadly too small for me to photo.

Cheers,

Richard.

DUJAILAH,
    I would say for definite that it is a 'Z', for as you quite rightly state "Zeich" of Berlin' , as all the Zeich stamped EK II's ive seen and handled have been marked twice, once on the suspension ring with 'Z' and on the suspension ring mount on the frame, usually with an '8', could be quality control mark, im not sure. Any way another nice cross, in what looks to be in fine condition ! The stamping for 'N' ('Neun, Rosner/Sachsen') would show the two verticals to be a lot closer, than on a sideways on 'Z', if you know what i mean !

Hi Oradour, thanks for the confirmation that it's a Zeich. Looking at the second mark it could be an 8 not a 2. Yeah, it's a nicely patinated cross in excellent condition. I'm very pleased with it. Cheers, Richard.

pjm
    ?

Here's one that originally had the large metal back plate like the one illustrated earlier in the thread with the perforated edge.

I've had several of these with double or quadruple screws on the back. However, they all had disks without the extra holes.

This is a nice 935 stamped version sadly without the disk.

I'm contemplating selling it.

Imperial Eks  

pjm
    ?

An 1870 Iron Cross 2nd Class

Imperial Eks  

Page 13 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast