MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 136 of 215 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 146 186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2141

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

Quote by Pavel View Post
    As far as I am able to tell I believe the cross was awarded to a soldier named Johann Arp, a Private First Class (der Gefreite) belonging to Landwehr.
    Thanks Pavel!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

Totally off topic !!
    I just crashed my "Maybauer plane" yesterday, when a collector friend of mine , showed me his ORIGINAL PLM :-/ WITH provenance !! U-boots Kapitän , would you believe it !

Mfg
    Marc

Very cool Marc,
    I have never seen an original "in person"
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

JamesWatson: Glad to be of help and it is a really nice document you have. I like these versions a lot - they are much nicer than the usual preliminary certificates (Vorläufiger Ausweis). And besides that it is always interesting to have a piece of document which can be directly connected with an actual person.

Default pretty patina ek2

Just missed this one today on ebay. Sold for 35 USD. Don't know what seller would ask for shipping to US but shouldn't be more than 5.00. They get ridiculous about that kind of thing sometimes, though.

Anyway, I was mesmerized by the patina. Looks like a rainbow. pretty pretty. that's all.

Imperial EksImperial Eks

?

Really nicely patinated cross. Unfortunately, generic core, so hard to say the maker from the pics.
    My first EK2 I have chosen precisely because of great patina developed on it.

Miro

Imperial Eks

Quote by Miro View Post
    Really nicely patinated cross. Unfortunately, generic core, so hard to say the maker from the pics.
    My first EK2 I have chosen precisely because of great patina developed on it.

Miro

Imperial Eks
    The seller said the mark was an "l"

I can see why you liked that one : ) patina gives these things so much character.

Any ideas why some beading retains brightness while other beading becomes dark? Just a matter of different materials, I imagine, but what were they?

?

I don´t know why, but this is typical patina of 800 silver. It patinates to nice black colour.
    But the main problem with patina is not the silver content, but the fact, that there is strong "movement" of sellers (accidental and regular as well) who think the cross will sell for better price when polished.
    Another problem - I believe there was a strong "movement" of veterans, who were thinking their cross displayed nicer when polished.

Miro

I think there are some, who polishes too much :-)
    But about the difference in patina, it is possibly because, when you handle the crosses, you touch the raised parts of the cross more and wear the patina off. The ones that are completely dark, probably has been left alone and untouched for a long time ! It takes years for dark patina to develop. But naturally oxidation/patina is not so durable, and wears of relatively easy ( compared to artificial oxidation used on jewellery).
    Just my thoughts, based on many years of jewellery making, and making of the royal Danish Knights crosses .

Mfg
    Marc

Here is an example made by Wilm that has a lot of patina on the beading and on the border.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)