Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 139 of 215 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 149 189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2141

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

Nice !!
    Over here, getting either one of those pieces for
    that price is a good deal. No matter who the maker
    of the cross is.

Well done.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

Gentlemen, my first post here in a while, I was undecided where to post this, but IMO it has more to do with the Imperial section than the Bundeswehr sub section in which I usually post threads on the veterans/1957 regulation awards....so here it is, a veterans post war replacement (WW2) two piece medal bar, featuring an Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse and Schaumburg-Lippe Kreuz für treue Dienste.....made by St u L during the period 1957 to I would estimate the mid 1960's.....it is unusual in that it retains its Schinkel form as most examples of the 57er period of Imperial EK's are based on the larger WW2 form, I have a first class example in this form....these replacement Imperial awards are not that easy to come by, and therefore often there is a premium to pay ! St u L and it is believed others did a range of Imperial awards for veterans during the 1950's-60's.
    This displays nicely alongside my other St u L 57er period Imperial awards, my PLM & EK I.
    Comments please..........................I use the sellers images, as the bar is in the post, I will do a group shot when in hand.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Here is its first class brother in WW2 larger form...........and my PLM, again both by St u L.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks  

Hi Steve,
    I have no real experience with 57 awards but these
    look to be in excellent condition.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 04-06-2014 at 03:55 PM.
    gregM

myself around.

Thanks for your comment Gregg, It has been suggested that the EK II is wartime (WW2) Deumer and not a 57er....can you or some one here comment on this revelation ? I know scant about TR pieces
    Prost ! Steve.

I can't say for sure, I have absolutely zero experience with
    1957 issue crosses. I can say that I do believe it is post
    ww1. I (think) this style was made in the 1930s and
    probably carried through to the 1957 issue crosses.
    gregM

myself around.

Hello

Decided to hijack this tread to!

Here is the first EKII I ever got, along with a Hanseatenkreuz (Hamburg) and a Hindenburg Kreuz.

Imperial Eks

I never really given it much thought, but now as I Compare it with another EKII I got, a Godet one I cant but notice the big diffrences.

I was wondering if some could help telling me what i got here.

For example..
    Its heavier, about 6 grams.
    The lettering is bigger and the crown different.
    It dosent really show well on the pic but front side core is more glossy, smoother than the backside core, seems to have been painted, paint spilled a little on the beading.
    Its pretty uneven, much more frame on the right side then on the left (backside)

Imperial EksImperial Eks

Thanks!

?

It´s Otto Schickle from post ww1 era. One piece construction. That´ why paint appears on beading.

Miro

All nice medals, but I know bu**er all about post war awards. In fact I don't know that much about ANY awards!

Quote by Miro View Post
    It´s Otto Schickle from post ww1 era. One piece construction. That´ why paint appears on beading.

Miro
    Ahh.. well thats actually pretty good news in IMO
    Thanks for your help Miro!