Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 150 of 215 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 160 200 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2141

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

?

Quote by maxrsx View Post
    Miro Thanks for the help. I thought as much .Made in Third Reich . Core 1914 in frame 39? Or wide frame. but not from the iron cross frame 39
    1914 core in 1914 frame, which was just cut as wideframe to reach TR look and dimensions. Same with the another cross you posted. Just my opinion.

Miro

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

?

Miro Thanks for an explanation.

?

I think the cross without a ring more wideframe and TR look. Than the cross with a ring. Your opinion?

?

Yes, Godet core has more TR look than the other one, and is more often seen as wideframe than the other one. But the main reason, why I think this Godet is from TR era, is the die wear of the frame. If you compare frame of early Godet with this one, you can see the difference.
    In fact, Imperial wideframes (although with other cores) appeared surely sooner than in 1934. I saw many medal bars without Hindenburg cross, having wideframe EK2 1914. What is slightly off topic, but surely interesting, wideframes can be seen mainly on Wurttemberg medal bars.

?

Miro Thanks for the response and informations.

?

Speaking of Godet, I occasionally keep running across the following cross. I always get excited because the core details seem similar to Godet, but the cross is convex shaped and marked "800" for silver content - usually directly below the hook.

So I would like to ask: are there any hints pointing to which maker could be this cross assigned? Or at least if it is a wartime issued model? Any opinions are appreciated!

Imperial Eks
    Imperial Eks

Hi,
    It's an unknown maker. the core is the "slant W " that was
    used by several different makers. It does very much resemble
    the Godet / Meybauer style core and was indeed occasionally
    by Godet.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Hi,
    It's an unknown maker. the core is the "slant W " that was
    used by several different makers. It does very much resemble
    the Godet / Meybauer style core and was indeed occasionally
    by Godet.
    Thank you for the interesting information on the "slant W" core - I really like the design of this particular core, it has a very impressive look. In my personal opinion: one of the most beautiful crowns used on the EK1.

By the way, right today I noticed the very same core design by a "Fr" marked cross so it seems that Friedländer used the "slant W" at some point too. It would actually make sense because both Meybauer and Godet were based in Berlin just like Friedländer so they could share the same generic core. But that is just a mere assumption.

I believe Miro has mentioned once that the silver content marks were typical for private purchases. The cross shown above could be one of these cases.

?

Quote by Pavel View Post
    I believe Miro has mentioned once that the silver content marks were typical for private purchases. The cross shown above could be one of these cases.
    Exactly. Awarded crosses weren´t marked for silver content as they all had silver frames. If your cross is flat, there is a bigger chance being early private purchase. I think that vaulted fashion came lately, but it´s only my assumption.

Miro

?

What is interesting with these unknown maker Slant W crosses marked 800, they always have frame that is very similar (or identical) to AWS/Juncker crunch bead frame. Although on pinbacks hardware is not identical to AWS or Juncker typical hardware, screwbacks have the same style (round convex plate + flat head screw). Slant W generic core (besides three unique cores) is known to be used by AWS/Juncker, but 800 mark doesn´t come together with AWS crosses that had 925 silver content. So, the mystery continues, just one hint from me...

Miro