Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 168 of 215 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2141

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

If I remember well, crosses marked 800 are made by jewellers. 800 is the identification number of the silver contained in the cross frame

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

?

Quote by unimarc View Post
    This Zimmermann core is different from mine !!

Mfg
    Marc
    CFZ used at least two different cores for his EKs and another one for his Prinzens. But the frame is very distinctive. Nobody used such slim style. Even Meybauer is wider.

Miro

?

Quote by stahlelm16 View Post
    If I remember well, crosses marked 800 are made by jewellers. 800 is the identification number of the silver contained in the cross frame
    800 is a silver standard of Imperial crosses. If cross is marked 800, it means it was privately purchased. Awarded crosses were not marked for silver content, as they all were silver. I think the maker of your cross is unknown.

Miro

Thanks Miro, useful information

Hi Chaps, here's a couple more pics of the brass? EK's. Sorry for the quality. You can see on the EK1 the base metal coming through. As for the EK2, I lightly cleaned the front, thinking it was silver & it still looks like this. I bought both as standard EK's so didn't pay any mad money & from different sources about 3 months apart,

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

?

I have only one Zimmerman - EK2 Prinzen and it is visibly yellowish than frames of other crosses. It´s probably only higher amount of alloys in silver.

Only silver test can tell it for sure - and not with chemicals, but with laser. When silver wash is thick, chemicals can show wrong results to untrained eyes.

But in any case, it is not question of price. These are two very nice crosses in very good condition, and that´s it. Everything else is only "academic" debate.

Miro

Hi Miro, I never thought about the alloys in silver. It's a good point and very logical that that could be the cause of the colour. I agree it's only academic, I didn't want anyone to think I had paid a high price for brass ones, Cheers, Richard.

?

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    Hi Miro, I never thought about the alloys in silver. It's a good point and very logical that that could be the cause of the colour. I agree it's only academic, I didn't want anyone to think I had paid a high price for brass ones, Cheers, Richard.
    When speaking about CFZ, you are correct. The most valuable pieces are those marked with word "SILBER". But I think that CD with brass frame would be really rare and valuable specimen. More than CD 800 silver crosses, that are desirable but quite common.

?

EK2 on Prussian style non combatant trifold. I don´t think it´s Austrian, as Austrians used hook and eyelet for attaching the cross and this one is sewed into the trifold. It more reminds me 1870+ veteran era Prussian trifolds.
    Ribbon is original without any doubt, with beautiful cream white, looped on both sides, and so flat that it is clear it was folded nearly 100 years back.

Cross is heavily patinated but well preserved specimen, probably of B.H. Mayer production. As the ring is beyond reach, I only guess it from the core type and overall look of the frame.

Btw, Austrian non com trifolds do exist although they are very rare. I saw one with provenance, offered with diploma of Austrian dentist serving on eastern front and giving his help also to german soldiers.

Imperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial Eks

Nice find Miro.
    Original trifold non-coms are very few and far between.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.