Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 180 of 215 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 190 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2141

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

Default Iron cross first class

Picked up this one up today on the fea market , cant see any stamps on it , does anyone know the maker?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

These are a somewhat uncommon cross. I believe them to be late war or possibly
    even made in the 1920s or 30s. They usually have frames not made of silver and
    very light weight sheet metal cores.

The screwbacks are very, very lightly marked Victoria D.R.G.M. The makers mark
    becomes worn down very easy on these and even on really good examples, it can be
    hard to see. I have two of these crosses and on only one can you faintly see the mark.

Here is a photo I lifted of the web that shows a near mint example of the maker's mark.
    (BTW) nothing else is known about " Victoria " Where the company was located or even if
    that was the actually company name. All we have are a handful of crosses bearing the name.
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial Eks 
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    These are a somewhat uncommon cross. I believe them to be late war or possibly
    even made in the 1920s or 30s. They usually have frames not made of silver and
    very light weight sheet metal cores.

The screwbacks are very, very lightly marked Victoria D.R.G.M. The makers mark
    becomes worn down very easy on these and even on really good examples, it can be
    hard to see. I have two of these crosses and on only one can you faintly see the mark.

Here is a photo I lifted of the web that shows a near mint example of the maker's mark.
    (BTW) nothing else is known about " Victoria " Where the company was located or even if
    that was the actually company name. All we have are a handful of crosses bearing the name.
    I completely agree, I wouldn´t say it better. I believe these are from 20-30´s with all those typical features of privately purchased Weimar era crosses - lightweight screwbacks from alloy materials. Sometimes they can be seen with silver frames, but backplate is still from alloy (see posted photos - not from my collection).
    These crosses, being quite rare themselves, even more rarely appear as pinbacks (see further photos) . But pinbacks are never marked for Victoria D.R.G.M.
    It has its own logic - D.R.G.M. is not maker´s mark, but at first place it is patent code mark, which in this case means that patent for such backplate design is protected (DRGM - Deutsche Reich Gebrauchs Muster - registered patent of German Empire). Sometimes it can be even confusing for maker identification purposes, because the owner of patent is not necessarily maker of the award, as the patent can be licensed. But I believe it is not the case of this cross.

Reference photos - screwback with silver marked frames and alloy backplate

Imperial EksImperial EksImperial Eks

Now pinback with silver frames

Imperial EksImperial Eks

Thanks Miro,
    That pin back cross is very hard to find
    Last edited by Chopperman; 12-13-2015 at 02:06 PM.
    gregM

myself around.

I had a rare day off during day light hours so I took a few photos of my
    display cases. First updated pictures sense 2010 or so.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks  
    gregM

myself around.

?

Really nice display. I think i would fill half of your cases with my EK collection.
    I really love that (probably) 1813er from first box. I fell in love to that ribbon ring. Like earring of old gypsy woman.

Quote by Miro View Post
    I fell in love to that ribbon ring. Like earring of old gypsy woman.
    Thanks Miro.
    I like that I will remember that now ever time I look at it.
    gregM

myself around.

Excellent Greg!
    Love your selection of EK's.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph
    gregM

myself around.

You got some seriously nice crosses there Greg :-) but we already knew that ;-) I especially like the first show case, with the 1813 and the ones with 1939 spangen attached, like those ;-D
    Feel like going through the Imperial EK tread again to view your crosses one by one :-)

Mfg
    Marc