MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 215 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Guys,

To add to the pile.

Not sure what the medal is next to the EK2?

Jock

That is a super photo, Oradour ! !

And Jock, That is a Bavarian Ludwig Cross on a Brunswick Cross ribbon
    in the last photo you posted.

Here's one of my favorite EK shots - horizontally cropped......

Regards, Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks  
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 05-13-2010 at 07:11 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

jock auld, nice set of Imperial medals, the first EK I looks to be unmarked, the second is a superb convexed cross sporting the mm of 'Paul Maybauer' of Berlin. Your court mounted pair, the EK II has a lovely patina to it (never clean)is it mm on the ribbon ring ?....the other medal is the Bavarian 'King Ludwig Cross 1916' ...it is wrongly mounted on that medal bar the ribbon is for the 'Braunschweig (Brunswick) War Merits Cross 2nd class.

Steve, oradour,

Thanks for the info, have you a pic of what should be on the bar perhaps?

Thanks again

Jock

jock auld, here we go, Brunswick War Merits Cross 2nd class, shown with 'Front line service' clasp....the ribbon for the Ludwig cross is also shown.
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial Eks  Imperial Eks 

Quote by oradour View Post
    jock auld, here we go, Brunswick War Merits Cross 2nd class, shown with 'Front line service' clasp....the ribbon for the Ludwig cross is also shown.
    Many thanks, I see the Brunswick cross all the time here abouts as it is local but I can't recall the ribbon ever being on or with them, I will pick one up to make the group correct. I have not on the other hand seen the Ludwig ribbon before. I will keep my eyes peeled.

Jock

Hey, guys. Looking to bid on this imperial EK1. Is it a good one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks  

... also looking at this ek2! It's in beautiful condition, I've rarely, if ever, seen a WWI EK2 this mint, so of course I have my reservations. The seller says he guarantees it's authentic, though that is easy to just say... I think "W" looks very suspect... and the reverse looks a little... crowded? What do you guys all think? (Seller says the maker mark is "A"; Assmann, Lüdenscheid). Thanks!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks  

Hi locloc08, the EK1 looks ok to me. It looks like a late war example with a silver plated frame & back made by MEH. The core of my EK2 by them looks the same to me (see below), Cheers, Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks  

Quote by oradour View Post

Oradour, a couple of questions you may be able to answer:

Do you know if the Ludwig Crosses came in different grades ?
    ( I have one that is a 'bright' bronze finish instead
    of blackened - Inter-war period? )

And, when were these awards discontinued ?

Regards, Steve.

Walkwolf, what I know about this award.....King Ludwig Cross, a decoration for merit on the home front, founded on 7th of January 1916, and awarded to be ' a commerative sign and recognition of thanks for those persons who during the war have performed with particular merit for the Army or for the general welfare of the homeland through official and voluntary activities '. The cross was originally cast in the Royal Bavarian mint in Munich, and was originally of blackened Iron. As the war progressed and shortages began to bite, Zinc was substituted, also examples were made of darkened/blackened Bronze. It is quite possible that yours has either been polished or lost its dark/black finish. The cross was awarded between 1916 to 1918, the Royal Kingdom of Bavaria was dissolved in 1919, along with all awards and decorations belonging to that former Kingdom.
    Hope that helps.

Page 32 of 215 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 132 ... LastLast