Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 35 of 215 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

Here are my KOs. The second one was cheap and needed a home so I have a soft heart for wounded vets. Lee
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

?

Next is an SW. I like the catch design.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks  

?

I finally got an EK1 with Urkunde. 30.5.1917 204 Division 414 Regiment 9 Company. EK1 marked G.

Imperial Eks  

Hi leej11, very nice EK1's Nice to have both KO core types & I always like the classy Godets, Cheers, Richard.

?

Thanks. Im not familiar with all the makers marks yet. I finally found and ordered The Iron Time book but its going to take 2 months to get to me. I cant wait. After I discovered this thread I got back into EKs. Lee

Hi all, sorry for any confusion, the two EKs with certificates I posted were not mine, they were for sale and I was looking to see which one I should go after if any. I did indeed end up getting the first example though! Feel free to remove the pictures of the second piece.

I will post more pictures here when I receive it!

Default Ek1 1914

Arrived today. Before buying I showed this around and thoughts were that it is a possible Deumer. A Vaulted sample. With better photos now available please give your opinions. Thank you.
    Tom

Imperial Eks  

StuG III, super vaulted cross, with definite 'been there' look....nice.

Thanks Steve. Others have said it could be a Meybauer, but checking through the various threads I note that the crowns are different. To tell the truth, after looking at crosses for the last hour they are all starting to look pretty much alike. Yes, sacrilege, I know. Am I right in saying that the ribbing looks to be brass? Look where the silvering is coming off. Thanks for your help.
    Tom

Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Lee,
    A nice cross sampling of crosses. The one KO has the bad
    paint loss which is so typical of that maker. It's a shame your
    Godet has some rust on the core but still a great cross.

Holding the Godet and KO side by side, you should be able to
    feel the difference in quality of the two. That is what makes
    Godets so desireable.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 35 of 215 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 135 ... LastLast