Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 49 of 215 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 149 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

Well the cross I posted for review in post #458 has finally arrived.
    Steve, the Hindenburg cross mm is shown. Any idea of maker?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks  
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial Eks 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

i believe the maker of the HC cross is "Forster & Barth,Pforzheim"....

Quote by militarymania View Post
    i believe the maker of the HC cross is "Forster & Barth,Pforzheim"....
    militarymania,....where did you get the information from to I.D. this cross ?,current information available show "G1 thro to G31" as unknown maker marks, can you can provide the source for these mm for all or some of the "G" numbers, I would be most grateful and it would enable an update to the known list of makers.

"I believe it's something different. The RZM "G" series was for Wholesalers, but if that was a "G" code, it should be in normal format, Gx/10, where x is 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 11, or 14. LDO numbers would be L/10 and Presidialkanzlei would be just the "10"....this is Vern's opinion of these markings(he is at GermanUniforms.com) and i believe that these markings on the HC crosses are compatible with the Presidialkanzlei manufacturers list as this pre-dates the LDO manufacturers listings,by several years,,,if this is found not to be accurate,then these markings may well be hidden for some time,,,Robert

[QUOTE=militarymania; "the Presidialkanzlei manufacturers list as this pre-dates the LDO manufacturers listings,by several years[/QUOTE]

Militarymania, WRONG.....the LDO and Prasidialkanzlei system of numbering came to fruition at the same time, 1st March 1941, the "L" numbers intended to mark replacement awards (private purchase) and the Prasidialkanzlei number was for official awards (Government issued), I am sorry but I cannot subscribe to "Verns" opinion on the meaning of the "G" marks on an Honour Cross at this moment in time, I would need to see more substantive evidence. How then do you explain the series "O" from O1-O16 ? mm on the Honour Cross ? As far as any RZM marking on an Honour Cross, this would be highly dubious (it was not a political award), only manufacturers that wanted to make items for any of the organisatiions of the NSDAP (these were specifically named as :- SA, SA-Marine, SS, NSSK, HJ, DJ, BDM and DAF) applied and were given RZM numbers/contracts. So IMO the "G" mark and "O" are still unknown at this time, however we never know what the future holds......
    Prost ! Steve.

Hi Steve,,,thanks for the correction,,,i could not remember that the two organizations were created about the same time,,Vern's hypothesis about the "G" designations did not sit right with me initially,but going on the incorrect assumption by me,i thought may be plausible,if somewhat murky,explanation of those odd markings on the HC pieces...we shall see if these markings are ever explained and documented down the road,,,Cheers,,,Robert

Hello all...what a great thread, i have spent a great couple of hours , being amazed at all these crosses, varients i have never seen before and thare are some great collections, i hope i am not intruding by placing my humble pictures...this one is stamped M..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks  

This one is a K.O.

Imperial Eks  

This one is un marked and must of got a knock...

This one lookes to be stamped V or a small u...

Imperial Eks  

Page 49 of 215 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 149 ... LastLast