Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 53 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

Had to look at this long and hard but the details do look similar. My first thought was Meybauer only because I didnt know who else it could be and I kept yours and Richards examples in mind. I dont know anything about Paul Meybauer's Crosses. Time to do some research. So I think its safe to say thats what it is. Im happy with it! Thanks again! Lee

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

One more photo to add. I was able to obtain a better photo of the markings on the rings.

Anton

im sure this has been brought up in this thread, but were can i get a replacement ribbon for my EKII?

While NOT original, this place has repro ribbon that works well for displays.

Regimental Depot Militaria Home Page
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

thanks chopperman, that'll work

I had one EK II (fair condition) that was without a ribbon and am using it for a school display. I found this, Iron Cross WWI 2nd Class Replacement Ribbon 1 ft uv-neg - eBay (item 330466070475 end time Nov-26-10 10:14:30 PST) , and was happy enough after it arrived as I didn't want to place a piece of original on it (the children are allowed to hold it, Hands on history, you know)

Anton

Hi everyone! I am amazed by such a great thread. Would like to add a small contribution here, with a simple question: what´s the reason for this ribbon ?? has anyone seen a similar one before? thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

OTTER76, welcome to this thread, your EKII is a nice well patinated example, unofficially affixed to a ribbon (probably by the owner/wearer) on a veterans organisation badge, for wear on civilian clothes. The Eagle badge is the Imperial "Reichsadler" of Kaiser Wilhelm II's administration, and was used on all official civilian (and some military) organisations, for example, the post service, colonial/diplomatic and Naval services, the owner/reciepient of the EKII being a member of such a department. The 1914 Iron Cross was awarded to both the military and civilians. (the only differance being the ribbon).
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    OTTER76, welcome to this thread, your EKII is a nice well patinated example, unofficially affixed to a ribbon (probably by the owner/wearer) on a veterans organisation badge, for wear on civilian clothes. The Eagle badge is the Imperial "Reichsadler" of Kaiser Wilhelm II's administration, and was used on all official civilian (and some military) organisations, for example, the post service, colonial/diplomatic and Naval services, the owner/reciepient of the EKII being a member of such a department. The 1914 Iron Cross was awarded to both the military and civilians. (the only differance being the ribbon).
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thanks Steve! Interesting to know about civilian´s issues.

Quote by OTTER76 View Post
    Thanks Steve! Interesting to know about civilian´s issues.
    The civilian EKII ribbon was white with two black stripes - the opposite
    of the more common combatant version...........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 53 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 103 153 ... LastLast