Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 66 of 215 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 116 166 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

Lee you have an endless EK collection Well done.
    Thanks don

What are your thoughts about the engraved 800 cross and the Godet Berlin markd EK1?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

?

Now for some WS EKs with case and Karten

Imperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial Eks

?

This next one has the incused WS. Im not sure about the karten but have seen others like this in other collections. On another note you usually see an early case with kartens for some reason. This one happens to be a later case. Any comments?

?

Here is one of my EK award groups I have never posted anywhere. This group belongs to a Gefreite Renner of 1st Co. 27th Pioneer BN. EK2 awarded 5 Nov 1915 and EK1 19 Nov 1918. I didnt get his wound badge document with this group unfortunately but it came with an interesting C.E. Juncker packet. Maybe from the EK ribbon bar whitch is marked DRP? The cross is vaulted screwback unmarked unlike others with Victoria DRGM or something like this. The EK2 is a nice KO.

Imperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial EksImperial Eks

Quote by leej11 View Post
    The weather was very nice today so I took alot of pictures which I will be posting. Next up are some Godets First up is a vaulted Godet Berlin 800 incused cased EK1. I have been told this one was probably made in the 30's and the case probably doesnt belong to it. Should I search for a later or possible post war case for this one or keep them how I got them? Please give your oppinions. All coments are welcome ps there are others like this one seen with this case. Which doesnt make sense if this is a cross made in the 30's and the case is an early war one.
    Hi mate, i see your point but you never know what happened and what's the story that brought these pieces as a set. It's up to you, but personally i leave them as i find them.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by leej11 View Post
    Here is the other 800 stamped cross I own and have posted before but would like to discuss. The patina is magnificent. The engraving is not very favourable in the collector community. I have a COA from D.N. but a peice of paper doesnt mean anything when the community gives it a thumbs down.
    I have thought about selling it because of this but what do you guys think? Should I sell it just because of the engraving or keep it in my collection because its such a nice cross?
    What is the problem with the engraving? You have been told that it was made recently and not in 1918?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Hi mate, i see your point but you never know what happened and what's the story that brought these pieces as a set. It's up to you, but personally i leave them as i find them.
    I tend to agree with this

?

What is the problem with the engraving? You have been told that it was made recently and not in 1918?
    I was told on another forum that this was probably done with a modern machine and that it doesnt fit accepted engraving styles of that time.

?

Here is my We cased and engraved EK1

This is an example of what most collectors accept as a period engraving style.

Lee,
    You're posting some great looking crosses.
    I wish I could give you a definite or on the engraved
    piece but I am just not sure. To me, it looks machine done but WHEN?

Same with the Godet makers mark--I am not really 100% on it. I am
    about 95% sure it's OK but it's the only one I have seen that looks like
    the "G" and "B" are in a incursed box.

Hopefully some others with a bit more knowledge on these will join
    the conversation.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 66 of 215 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 116 166 ... LastLast