Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 215 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

Very cool
    Don't get me started on buttonhole minis and stickpins, That's
    I whole thread by itself.

Does anyone think there is enough interest in minis to start
    a thread just for them ?
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

Hi Chaps, I thought i'd add my latest EK2 to the thread. The mounting is by far my favourite style. As you can see it's got a nice untouched feel to it. The partial makers mark looks like EW to me (an unknown maker). The bar is marked D.R.P. (Deutches Reich Patent).

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks  

Hi Richard,
    That's a nice looking Ek2. Great core detail and nice patina on
    the frame. It's definately a keeper.
    gregM

myself around.

Hello all. First post here having been pointed in this direction by Imperial quest (Steve). Looks like a great forum. Recognise a few faces (and crosses!)

Here's one I just picked up. Awarded whilst IR 27 were fighting on the Somme. Interesting recipient.
    Born Madgeburg 7th Jan 1888, progressed through the ranks to Hauptmann by 1916
    Major after 1928.

1935 CO if Inf Reg 33
    1939 CO Heeresdienststelle
    1939 CO Grenzschutzenkommando 9
    1939 CO 526th Inf Div
    1942 CO 306th Inf Div
    1944 CO "Division 462"
    1944 Rheinkommandeur II

Died 1961.

Ended up as a Generalleutnant. Difficult to say why the pin was removed and a rudimentary suspension loop added. Appears to be an old modification, whether period is impossible to say. FR marked cross. Unloved, battered but with a nice history.

Cheers, Glenn.
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial Eks  Imperial Eks 

That's a BEAUTY.

Glenn,
    It's good to see you here.

gregM
    gregM

myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Hi Richard,
    That's a nice looking Ek2. Great core detail and nice patina on
    the frame. It's definately a keeper.
    Thanks Greg, Yeah, it's definately a keeper Did you notice the casting imperfection on the W? Cheers, Richard.

Quote by Glenn R View Post
    Hello all. First post here having been pointed in this direction by Imperial quest (Steve). Looks like a great forum. Recognise a few faces (and crosses!)

Here's one I just picked up. Awarded whilst IR 27 were fighting on the Somme. Interesting recipient.
    Born Madgeburg 7th Jan 1888, progressed through the ranks to Hauptmann by 1916
    Major after 1928.

1935 CO if Inf Reg 33
    1939 CO Heeresdienststelle
    1939 CO Grenzschutzenkommando 9
    1939 CO 526th Inf Div
    1942 CO 306th Inf Div
    1944 CO "Division 462"
    1944 Rheinkommandeur II

Died 1961.

Ended up as a Generalleutnant. Difficult to say why the pin was removed and a rudimentary suspension loop added. Appears to be an old modification, whether period is impossible to say. FR marked cross. Unloved, battered but with a nice history.

Cheers, Glenn.
    Hi Glenn, nice cross I saw it for sale & nearly put a bid in. You've done it proud with your research It's obviously gone to a good home, Cheers Richard.

Thanks Greg, good to see you mate. And thanks Richard. Looks like a nice forum. I'm looking forward to adding what I can.

All the best,
    Glenn.

Thought i show my latest EK II, i dont usually buy unmarked examples, but the size of this one made me think twice, at 41.8mm not quite 'Prinzen', but i think a nice early example, the beading is exquisite, note the method of attaching the suspension ring, on a tag attached to the frame, it sits on top (see 3rd photo for comparisons), not through the frame as on most EK II's, it came with a non-combatant ribbon, but i have a gut feeling its possibly a replacement, who knows what ribbon was on it originally ?...i have placed with a piece of combatant ribbon for the time being, second photo, i induced the flash on my crappy camara, as to highlight the core, notice the '4' varient, in the 1914, not commonly seen. The third photo shows the differance in size's, it would appear the size of the finished cross depends on the flange width. latest cross is bottom right.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks  

H Glenn, nice cross I got a D marked EK2 that's slightly larger than a KO example due to the flange, Cheers, Richard.

Page 8 of 215 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast