Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 85 of 215 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 135 185 ... LastLast

Imperial Eks

Article about: Excellent EKs you have there Chopperman. Can you tell me more info about this one?

KSH
    ?

Default Re: Imperial Eks

Quote by oradour View Post
    Sad thought really, as the Bundeswehr is the senior of all German Armies since the formation of Germany in 1871, outlasting the Kaisers Army, the Reichwehr and the Wehrmacht.....by a large margin, IMO its militaria must be preserved for future generations....I still collect Imperial, but I shall be choosey in future...and I recently stated that I had sold all my BGS (BundesGrenzshutze, Fedral Border Guards) not BW militaria...to concentrate on the BW.
    Prost ! Steve.
    I completely agree that Bundeswehr regalia should be preserved for future generations, but not by me. My interest in German militaria and German history arises first and foremost out of my own German heritage which is traceable to the 11th Century and a fascination for the distinct "German spirit" and "way of life" that arose in the territories of the German States. From the German Order (all too often clumsily referred to as the Teutonic Knights) to the fall of the Third Reich this very difficult to describe German quality was omnipresent in the culture of the Germans. For me (and I know this might be a very controversial statement) spiritually speaking, Germany died in May 1945. Even in the Third Reich, even as this German "way of life" was hijacked by Hitler and his cronies, it was still there, this quality that draws me into German culture.

After 1945 arose the extremely americanized BRD (with its extremely americanized Bundeswehr) and the extremely "Sovietized" DDR (with its NVA) - it is very hard for me to put into words what went missing in this process, but to put it very simply, it has caused me to take the same position as Chris (don_kihotis7) above, maybe for very different reasons.

The dissolving of the state of Prussia by the Allies is for me the perfect illustration of the death of Germany and the German spirit and mindset of old.

I shall not elaborate further, as this is not the topic of this thread and as I well understand that my opinions on this are unorthodox, but I find it always best to be upfront and honest. It is after all only my opinion and not the objective truth, Gentlemen.

German items from the cold war are starting to become highly collectable and the prices will only go up, although they are pretty low at the moment - they are relics as much as the earlier items, but they are not for me for reasons I have tried to explain above.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.
    Last edited by KSH; 12-17-2011 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Typo+Clarification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks
    P
    Many

Good day Gentlemen,

To get this thread back on track, here one of my latest purchases. Although I haven't been adding much to the collection due to my wife passing away in August and almost deciding to sell it all off, I came to the decision that although I lost my first love, my love for collecting is still strong, so here goes.

Imperial Eks

Imperial Eks

Imperial Eks

Hi Anton, I was very touched to read this. I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by AntonEbans View Post
    Good day Gentlemen,

To get this thread back on track, here one of my latest purchases. Although I haven't been adding much to the collection due to my wife passing away in August and almost deciding to sell it all off, I came to the decision that although I lost my first love, my love for collecting is still strong, so here goes.
    My condolences for your loss Anton.
    A very sad thing to hear indeed.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Anton,
    I am very sorry for your loss.
    Your cross looks like it could be a Wagner and Sohns piece.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Anton....very sad to hear, my sympathy to you.......
    Steve.

Thank you Gentlemen.

Anton

My condolences, Anton.

Very nice cross.

Regards

?

centre and frame yellow colored metal. me interested in the manufacturer, year, why non-ferrous metal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

Imperial Eks   Imperial Eks  

This is a good iron Cross made in the 1920s-30s. Most likely made by Deumer.
    The Frame and core are made of a yellow base alloy, probably Tombac. The frame is
    silver plated.

Crosses made of materials other than the standard silver and iron are not all
    that uncommon. The Deumer crosses are quite common. Others can be found
    with brass frames, or one piece crosses die struck from Neusilber among other variations.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 85 of 215 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 135 185 ... LastLast