Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial German 7 Medal Bar

Article about: Hi Steve & everyone Please help to inspect is this medal bar the original WWI one?Does it worth US\\$300?thanks PS. the sign of the 25 service medal is covered the Iron Cross's hook is mis

Default Imperial German 7 Medal Bar

Hi Steve & everyone
    Please help to inspect is this medal bar the original WWI one?Does it worth US$300?thanks

PS. the sign of the 25 service medal is covered
    the Iron Cross's hook is missing and sewed instead
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German 7 Medal Bar   Imperial German 7 Medal Bar  

Imperial German 7 Medal Bar   Imperial German 7 Medal Bar  

schnellmann
    ?

Default Re: Imperial German 7 Medal Bar

Looks like a good deal to me!

Hi Kevin,

My, you have been busy lately.... The bar looks to be a fine original labeled example. There is only one down side that I see, and that is the fact that the EKII suspension mount on the bar has broken and re-sewn. This isn't a "big" deal, as I have seen many others this way, and could be a period repair by the vet - but, it could have been replaced in modern times...

Now....price....I personally think $300 is a bit high for what is there, it is a nice bar but all of the awards are rather common. I would feel more at ease paying in the $240-ish range. Quantity of awards does not automatically translate into big money unless the rack is full of state, principality, and kingdom awards etc.

I personally try to not pay more that the sum of the bar's awards plus about 15% because they are mounted and labeled. If the bar is identifiable to an individual (this one is not), then all that goes out the window.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Forgot to add, if you don't have your heart set on a seven place, I can direct you to a five place bar that is really nice that includes:

* 1914 Iron Cross 2nd Class,
    * Hessen Medal for Bravery,
    * 1914- 1918 Cross of Honor w/swords,
    * Imperial 25-year service cross
    * Wilhelm I Centenary medal.

It is less than the one you are looking at, the condition is better and the award array is very nice (though still fairly common).
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hi Steve & schnellmann
    Thanks you both for your inspection.

Steve:The reason why I am busy these days is that I will get the credit to replace the fake set you just verified.If I can get cash back how much is the set you recommend?

Quote by kevin710 View Post
    Hi Steve & schnellmann
    Thanks you both for your inspection.

Steve:The reason why I am busy these days is that I will get the credit to replace the fake set you just verified.If I can get cash back how much is the set you recommend?
    . It is $225.00, I'll PM you a link to the site. What a shame that you weren't around when I sold my Imperial medal bar collection...some real stunners AND I work with people on time....have I made you feel rotten now????

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hi Steve
    I checked the medal bar via the link you gave me and it's good.Hope I can get my money back to visit your store on line then.thanks again.
    PS I will try to get more pictures to post here.

Hi Steve & everyone
    Here are some more close shots,please verify thanks.
    BTW The frame of the Iron seems has a place sinked
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German 7 Medal Bar   Imperial German 7 Medal Bar  

Hi Kevin,

The link I forwarded you isn't to my site, I just did a search for you and found that. The construction of the seven place bar looks fine to me, and dings on the reverse of the cross probably resulted from normal wear from being suspended on the bar. I am not saying it is a "bad" bar, and I don't want you to think that it isn't a nice example, it just doesn't ring my bell for that price. I just thought you could do a little better maybe for less money. If you'll notice the yellow underlying ribbon on the bar, this is encountered often as the jeweler would use scraps of whatever ribbon was available for padding.

As an aside, and sorry if I am telling you something you already know, but any medal bar on which you see a 1914-1918 Hindenburg Cross, it was mounted post 1934 as that is when the medal was instituted. During the 1930's, there was a wave of German patriotism that swept the country and many either had their medals mounted for the first time or had their bars altered/re-ribbon to accommodate the new medal. I have even seen some examples where the HBC was merely sewn to the end as to save the expense of a re-work.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hi Steve
    Sorry for replying late,I am so busy in the office today.
    I really appreciate your precious historical information.It's very useful for the freshman like me.It's my honor to have a "teacher " like you!
    I will try to get better deal as you suggested,thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast