Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial German Feldgrau Collection

Article about: Since it was a nice sunny day here in Sydney I thought I would a few photos of some of my Imperial German collection that is mostly in Feldgrau including a couple of my steel helmets (sizes

Default Imperial German Feldgrau Collection

Since it was a nice sunny day here in Sydney I thought I would a few photos of some of my Imperial German collection that is mostly in Feldgrau including a couple of my steel helmets (sizes 60 & 64). The M17 gas mask can is named to a soldier named 'Rottig' and he has written his name several times. I have left the mask in the can while the other is one I picked up to display. Hope you like them. Imperial German Feldgrau CollectionImperial German Feldgrau CollectionImperial German Feldgrau CollectionImperial German Feldgrau CollectionImperial German Feldgrau CollectionImperial German Feldgrau CollectionImperial German Feldgrau CollectionImperial German Feldgrau CollectionImperial German Feldgrau CollectionImperial German Feldgrau CollectionImperial German Feldgrau Collection

MAP
    ?

Very nice grouping Andy! Weather looks perfect too!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks MAP!

Its Winter over here and about 16 degrees or 60.8 fahrenheit but a little too sunny for good images. I took a lot of photos of my first helmet from 20 years ago - an ET64 that had been depot reworked during the war (the one on the stand in the second photo) however the sun was too bright so I decided against posting as it wouldn't do the helmet justice. I'd like to learn more about setting up an inside photography setup.

MAP
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Thanks MAP!

Its Winter over here and about 16 degrees or 60.8 fahrenheit but a little too sunny for good images. I took a lot of photos of my first helmet from 20 years ago - an ET64 that had been depot reworked during the war (the one on the stand in the second photo) however the sun was too bright so I decided against posting as it wouldn't do the helmet justice. I'd like to learn more about setting up an inside photography setup.
    Winter or summer direct sunlight is tough to photograph in. And indoor it's all about the correct lighting. You saw my thread on lighting. Each "insert item here" is different, so basically you really need to experiment.

Helemts: Studio vs outdoor photos?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice bits there Andy, Keep yer Syd weather ay!! lovely cold rain down here!!! can't beat that!!!

Hey while I'm here can I suggest you get this for resizing your images? works a treat for me, and still enables us to zoom in.

How to use Image Resizer for Windows | Image Resizer for Windows

Thanks MAP. The difference the lighting makes is quite apparent with the images in your post. I will have another read.

We need some rain here as we are still below 50% so fingers crossed and perhaps we can swap weathers for a bit.

Thanks for the tip about the resizer. I’ll have a look.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    We need some rain here as we are still below 50% so fingers crossed and perhaps we can swap weathers for a bit.

Thanks for the tip about the resizer. I’ll have a look.
    No probs, here's a conversion from 2.71Mb to 368KB

Thanks Rene. Looks much better. Nice helmets helmets by the way. The helmet that is furthest from camera almost looks like a square dip but not quite or is it? Would love a square dip but they are quite scarce and $$$$.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast