MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial German Hussar Uniform?

Article about: Hello I really need some help identifying this hussar uniform. I was thinking it may be German or Russian, however I do not know for sure. I am also unaware of what year this uniform dates t

?

Default Imperial German Hussar Uniform?

Hello
    I really need some help identifying this hussar uniform. I was thinking it may be German or Russian, however I do not know for sure. I am also unaware of what year this uniform dates to. There are several stampings on the inside. Hopefully someone can give me some information on this uniform. I will really appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Hussar Uniform?   Imperial German Hussar Uniform?  

Imperial German Hussar Uniform?   Imperial German Hussar Uniform?  

Attached Images Attached Images Imperial German Hussar Uniform? 
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Default Re: Imperial German Hussar Uniform?

I do not believe it is German.
    I can't tell you what kind it is though.
    It doesn't have the flower shaped buttons used on Imperial jackets. Note the ones on my attila.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Hussar Uniform?  
    Last edited by SteveR; 06-26-2012 at 04:29 PM.

?

Is it possible that this jacket could be Russian in origin?

Quote by camry View Post
    Is it possible that this jacket could be Russian in origin?
    camry...I think that is more likely, either that or Bulgarian (they wore a similar "Waffenrock"to the German one), but not as Steve says, Imperial German....notice the cyrillic "n" on one of the stamps.... see my Attila also, they all (Imperial German) were virtually to the same pattern as these two we show.....mine is an "interim Attila" (an undress tunic as opposed to service dress) for a Fahnrich awaiting promotion to Leutnant (a "Degenfahnrich"), so it is not as decorative.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Hussar Uniform?  

?

What year does this jacket date to?

camry...it looks like it has a "1935" stamp, but unfortunately not knowing its origin, does not help.....so it could be old or modern, another thing to remember is that marching bands all over Europe still wear/covert (to this day) this style of Hussars jacket, so there may be a possibility that it may not be military.....lets see if any one else can throw some light on this "Attila" !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I took a closer look at the uniform and it does appear to have the flower shaped buttons. They are near the bottom near the sides. I also noticed that this jacket has 6 rows of brading on the font, as opposed to the 5 rows that I have been seeing on Imperial German Hussar uniforms. Could that be an indication of something? Also could the green color signify something?