Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial german Items ID help Please

Article about: Hello I picked up a bunch of misc items , but not quite sure what they are? It seems like most are Veterans association items? Thank you Tony

?

Default Imperial german Items ID help Please

Hello
    I picked up a bunch of misc items , but not quite sure what they are?
    It seems like most are Veterans association items?
    Thank you
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial german Items ID help Please   Imperial german Items ID help Please  

Imperial german Items ID help Please   Imperial german Items ID help Please  

Imperial german Items ID help Please   Imperial german Items ID help Please  

?

The two crossed artillery shells are from an Officer's shoulder strap for a Foot Artillery unit. The pin that appears to be ribbon with the winged wheel, is a veteran's pin for someone from a LW Railroad unit. Most of the items appear to for vets - some are for service with the Navy.

The white pin with the black eagle on a white field, and the letters, ADAC, is for membership in the Allgemeiner Deutscher Auto Club (General German Auto Club). The club was founded in 1903 as the Deutsche Motorradfahrer Vereinigung (German Motorbike Union). In 1911 the name was changed to the present Allgemeiner Deutscher Auto Club, ADAC. Dwight

?

Hello
    Thank you all for the help.
    I really appreciate it
    Tony

The Iron Cross on the white, round, medallion is a WWI patriotic item. It was a common theme that appeared as jewelry in the form of medallions, pins, and brooches during WWI. If you could provide individual photos of the items and tell us the sizes they are, it would help to better identify them. Dwight

The red cross with the words Kraft Heil II Preis is probably a sports award for second place. Here is a similar 1st place award from the All Heil Deutscher Radfahrerbund, which was a bicycling group. I could not find any reference to a cycling group called Kraft Heil, but the similarity is inescapable. Dwight

The black, gold, and red oval badge with the anchor, and the words, Deutscher Seeverein, is a member's badge. Deutscher Seeverein was a maritime association that was closely affiliated with the Deutscher Flottenverein. In fact many members of one were also members of the other. Both associations promoted the growth and maintenance of the German fleet, but the Seeverein was primarily interested in promoting the expansion of the German merchant fleet, increasing German maritime trade, and expanding the German fishing industry. Both associations were founded in the late 19th Century. As evidence of the close association between the two organizations, here is an example of a Flottenverein member's badge. Dwight

My source is Brockhaus Handbuch des Wissens, 4 vols. vol. 1 A-E, Leipzig: F.A. Brockhaus, 1921, p. 537.