Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial German Medal 1813 Old Comrades

Article about: hi here is a medal i have never seen before, it is apparently a 1813 old comrades medal German but i cannot find another one like it it is kind of crude so im leaning towards it being a fake

Default Imperial German Medal 1813 Old Comrades

hi here is a medal i have never seen before, it is apparently a 1813 old comrades medal German but i cannot find another one like it it is kind of crude so im leaning towards it being a fake and basically the age of it, one would assume the ribbon is a replacement one somewhere along the lines as its 200 years old and doesn't show much wear, but i don't know enough to make a solid opinion if anyone know what it is and if it is a real one please let me know
    kind regards
    James

Imperial German Medal 1813 Old ComradesImperial German Medal 1813 Old Comrades

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German Medal 1813 Old Comrades
    P
    Many

James, sadly a reproduction, it is purporting to be Karl Friedrick Schinkel's first design of the German 1813 Iron Cross. This design was based on Prussian King Frederick William III's input, but was rejected, in favour of the shape/design we all know today as the Iron Cross.
    Prost ! Steve.

i thought so thanks steve no wonder i couldn't find another like it, id have to say i like it better than the iron cross design that is now in place the simplicity of it is appealing

James, although a copy/reproduction, still IMO a piece to have if you collect Iron Crosses, as a backdrop to a display..............
    Prost ! Steve.

Ribbon is good. Its not 200 years old but about 100.