Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial German officer buckle ?

Article about: I could use some help with this belt buckle, I picked it up last weekend at a garage sale for 20 bucks , at first I thought that it was an Imperial German officer buckle, but it does not hav

9mm
    ?

Default Imperial German officer buckle ?

I could use some help with this belt buckle, I picked it up last weekend at a garage sale for 20 bucks , at first I thought that it was an Imperial German officer buckle, but it does not have the large “W” and only the crown. The belt is lighter weight and their no belt attachment. Can anyone help me with what type of buckle it is.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German officer buckle ?   Imperial German officer buckle ?  

Imperial German officer buckle ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German officer buckle ?
    P
    Many

Not 100% sure but i reckon this is a Bavarian buckle, if i remember correctly the Bavarians didn't have the W!..

Edit. also after closer inspection i reckon this is a repro buckle, the crown is way off centre and the fitting to which the belt is secured is a cheap piece of pressed metal!...
    Last edited by Gunny Hartmann; 07-19-2017 at 08:38 PM.

9mm
    ?

Ok- thanks for your input- the attachment is not tight at the belt, when held tight the crown is pretty straight.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German officer buckle ?  

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imperial-german-buckles/
    You may be better off posting on here as you should get a more definitive reply, i hope i am wrong with my opinion of the buckle!...