MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial German Warflags

Article about: Hi, I thought I'd start up a tread about the Imperial German Warflags - I've researched the existing Forum post on the Subject, but IMO it really doesn't cover the Subject well enough to ser

Default Imperial German Warflags

Hi,

I thought I'd start up a tread about the Imperial German Warflags - I've researched the existing Forum post on the Subject, but IMO it really doesn't cover the Subject well enough to serve as a buyers reference guide, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Determining an Original Warflag/Navy Flag:
    A) There were several manufacturers and as with the WW1 Helmet there were various versions of the Warflag.

Please post pictures of your Original flags here - This will hopefully serve as a reference guide for any newcomers looking to invest in an Original Warflag.

Know your fakes:
    B) There are several fake Warflags being sold (not counting the obvious fake polyester ones ) - some new and over 40 years old. If you have any pics of known fakes - please post pictures of known fake flags here - This will hopefully serve as a reference guide for any newcomers looking to invest in an Original Warflag or at least help them stir clear of the known fakes on the market.

I Hope that you will embrace my effort to Help any newcomers and share your knowledge in this tread.

Thanks

Alright, I'll start

Here's an Imperial Warflag for you all to comment on - what's right about this flag and more importantly what is wrong with it?

It measures approx 110cmx190cm
    It has no stampings.

Imperial German WarflagsImperial German Warflags

?

Have you tested UV lamb? or try the flame? if a thread burns fast, with black smoke. It`s probably got some nylon in it. should be burning slowly...

dont burn flag, burn a strand