Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Navy Dress Jacket, Prinz Heinrch

Article about: Hey guys, I have been offered this from a guy who finds really unique items. From what I understand it is a first war Imperial German Navy parade tunic. It has a tag in the collar perhaps pl

Default Imperial Navy Dress Jacket, Prinz Heinrch

Hey guys, I have been offered this from a guy who finds really unique items. From what I understand it is a first war Imperial German Navy parade tunic. It has a tag in the collar perhaps placing it aboard the Prinz Heinrich cruiser. The make and buttons seem correct and it has some decent age to some of the embroidery work. Any thoughts on if this is a legit tunic? It is being offered at four hundred. I wasn't sure where that for in the ballpark of prices on these. They seem fairly scarce. Thanks for any opinions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Navy Dress Jacket, Prinz Heinrch   Imperial Navy Dress Jacket, Prinz Heinrch  

Imperial Navy Dress Jacket, Prinz Heinrch   Imperial Navy Dress Jacket, Prinz Heinrch  

Imperial Navy Dress Jacket, Prinz Heinrch  

Or perhaps Prinz Heinrich was the manufacturer? I think I have a WW2 era hat made by that name as well.

Hi Guys,

Label reads: "Prinz Heinrich-Str.s....." Which means Prince Heinrich Street. "Str." is an abbreviation for: Strasse in German is Street in English. The manufacturer was located on Prince Heinrich Street.

Tunic looks o.k. and legit. They're not overly rare. Looks like a basic ?machinist metal rating on the sleeve, nothing rare or unusual. Not sure if the 400 refers to Pounds or Dollars. If it's in Dollars, it's not a steal for a very basic seaman's tunic in good shape.

Best Regards,

Alan

Thanks for the information. This isn't my usual area of interest but I have never seen one before and like imperial stuff when I see it. Maybe I can work out a decent trade on it and get better pricing. I'd like to have it.