Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial schirmmutze or copy ?

Article about: I had this for a while,I thought it might be good but I have doubts, the marking is "Kostumfundus" does this mean fancy dress or is it something to do with costume hire? the lining

Default Imperial schirmmutze or copy ?

I had this for a while,I thought it might be good but I have doubts, the marking is "Kostumfundus" does this mean fancy dress or is it something to do with costume hire? the lining is quite poor but the cockades do not look the best.Could it be a genuine cap that was used in the post war period ? I would appreciate any comments or opinions.
    Best Regards,
    Renmore.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial schirmmutze or copy ?   Imperial schirmmutze or copy ?  

Imperial schirmmutze or copy ?   Imperial schirmmutze or copy ?  

Default Re: Imperial schirmmutze or copy ?

Looks like a genuine infantry Officers dunkelblau (pre-1910) cap to me, albeit interior is in not so good condition, looks to have repairs, alterations etc.... typical for a theatre costume department piece. Still collectable, if a good price.
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks Steve for your help,it cost about 40Euro as far as I can recall, would you say the cockades are original ?

$40 was a steal sir ! both the Reichs cockade and Prussian cockade look to be original, I have the same cap, I got mine years ago for about $60 it too has a fragile interior ! here she is.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial schirmmutze or copy ?  

Hi

If I may add a comment.

Nice original cap. Pre 1915 Infantry officers cap.

Here's one of mine......A Bavarian officers and it cost me a lot more than $40.

cheers

tony

Gentlemen,Thanks for the help and opinions, I really like these and I am inclined to start collecting some examples of caps and helmets from the ww1 era and pre WW1.
    Regards,
    Renmore.