Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Shoulder boards

Article about: I bought these when I see them. I have no clue about them as my knowledge of ww1 is significatly less than my little knowledge of ww2 German articles. What do you guys think?

Default Imperial Shoulder boards

I bought these when I see them. I have no clue about them as my knowledge of ww1 is significatly less than my little knowledge of ww2 German articles.
    What do you guys think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Shoulder boards   Imperial Shoulder boards  

Default Re: Imperial Shoulder boards

SatansCabanaBoy ....what a great find and a great set of straps !....fom left to right, top row.....1) Infantry Regiment '118' 1915 Greatcoat strap, no piping. 2) and 3) not Imperial, likely to be from the Third Reich period, round ends,all Imperial, pointed ends. 4) Pre-war strap from Infantry Regiment '36', a sewn down type, (note lack of machined button hole), private purchase for dark blue tunic. 5) Another strap for the 'Dunkelblau' tunic, pre-war, for Field Artillery Regiment '15'. Bottom row....6) Infantry Regiment '48' 1915 Feldbluse strap, waffenfarbe introduced on these straps indicating for infantry, (previously M07/10 straps the base colour was for Army Korps colour). 7) Infantry Regiment '332' again for the M15 Feldbluse. 8) M15 Feldbluse strap for Fuss-Artillerie (Foot Artillery) Regiment '8'. 9) Another M15 Feldbluse strap for Infantry Regiment '448'. 10) M15 Feldbluse strap for Field Artillery Regiment '59'....... Phew...thats it !
    Prost....Steve.

Default Re: Imperial Shoulder boards

Well....thank you so much Steve.
    Apparently I am having quite an interesting turn of events. I really don't make an effort to collect WW1 gear, and I do fine with authenticity...then I put some effort into collecting some TR gear, and I have an extra keen eye for purchasing fakes...lol