Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Infantry regiment 77

Article about: Taff, I love these "Books", little pieces of history and they can be further researched.....the "Soldbuch" was kept by the soldier (on his person, at all times), the &quo

Default Re: Infantry regiment 77

Taff, I love these "Books", little pieces of history and they can be further researched.....the "Soldbuch" was kept by the soldier (on his person, at all times), the "Militarpass" kept in the home garrison admin, and given to the soldier upon discharge as his record of service (usually exchanged for the paybook)....I have a few in my collection, still relativley inexpensive to source, thanks for showing !
    prost ! Steve.

?

Yes Steve, they are interesting snapshots of History. I'm way out of my league on these items: My intereest lies in the Eastern front in the 1940's!

I'm surprised in the lack of information in the Soldbuch: apart from the front page which I've already posted therre is only one other page with writing on. The back of the Soldbuch still retains a few coupons dated 1st Oct 1879 - September 1879. The Militarpass has many more entries and stamps. I'll post these pages below. Any help with a translation would be appreciated !

Taff

Infantry regiment 77Infantry regiment 77Infantry regiment 77Infantry regiment 77

Taff...have a look at this site... Welcome to Soldbuchweb it may be of some interest.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thanks for the link - yes, it is useful. It's not a site I've visited before. I am surprised at the similarity between the 1877 soldbuch and those issued at the beginning of WW1: both are almost identical except for the addition in the earlier book of 9 pages (numbered 9 - 17 inclusive) of printed regulations.

Taff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2