Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Iron Cross 2nd class - opinions needed!!

Article about: Hello again I wanted to present here my latest acquisition - an Iron Cross 2 class. The cross is a three part construction with magnetic core and no markings on the ring. Also, the iron core

Default Iron Cross 2nd class - opinions needed!!

Hello again
    I wanted to present here my latest acquisition - an Iron Cross 2 class. The cross is a three part construction with magnetic core and no markings on the ring. Also, the iron core is not fixed on the frame but has a very small movement. I wanted to ask for your opinion regarding its authenticity. The frame has some minor imperfections and the details on the core are not very accurate so I have some doubts on this piece.
    I would be very grateful if you could help me with this
    Best regards
    Sever
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iron Cross 2nd class - opinions needed!!   Iron Cross 2nd class - opinions needed!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Iron Cross 2nd class - opinions needed!!
    P
    Many

Sever,
    The cross looks OK to me. It's not the best quality but from what I can see,
    it looks all original to me.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Sever,
    The cross looks OK to me. It's not the best quality but from what I can see,
    it looks all original to me.
    I tend to agree with Greg.
    I looked at this earlier and found it to have a lack of detail but it does appear to have a sand cast core.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you very much for your replies gentlemen! I am glad that I bought an original item. I had some doubts regarding the lack of detail and the apparently rough finishing of the frame. Could this be perhaps a late war example or some smaller manufacturer?
    Best regards
    Sever

Is there any makers mark stamped on the ring itself?

Nope. The cross is unmarked on the ring

It looks like the inner cross was overpainted?

Jean

Hy,can someone tell me if the frame of this medal is made from silver or some other materials are used to make it.It is important to me becouse today i was going to buy a medal like this and when cheked the frame with silver solution the metal faild the test,it wasnt silver.It was a fake or as i said other materials where used to make this???

Also the same question from above is for the other iron cross second class from ww2 era.
    Thank you soo much,waiting for your reply's !!!

There is no absolutely correct answer to that question.

In general ---- (most) Imperial iron crosses have silver frames. However
    some manufactures used other materials in addition to and/ or instead of
    silver. I have crosses with silver, brass and Nuesilber frames.

When it comes to TR era frames, I am not an expert but it has been my
    experience that most (are not) made of silver but silver 1939s can be found.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.