Iron Cross big and one sided

Article about: Hi was offered ths one today, any idea as to its originality/function? Its 10,7x10,7cm an approx 1,5 cm:s thick. Rgds Jan

Jan
    ?

Default Iron Cross big and one sided

Hi was offered ths one today, any idea as to its originality/function?
    Its 10,7x10,7cm an approx 1,5 cm:s thick.

Rgds Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06755.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	50792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06756.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	50793  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06757.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	50794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06758.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	50795  

Default Re: Iron Cross big and one sided

Jan,
    it will be an original piece, it is a 'Patriotic ' item, a paperweight, or similiar, hundreds of items featuring the Iron Cross were manufactured during WW1 for consumption on the home front, & the front line canteens, anything from 'sweetheart' items to marmalade pots !...the markings on the back are 'Ges Gesch' means trade mark, & the initials 'K & Th.' the maker. It is interesting, but not valuable.

I agree with my friend on this. It is a very nice piece, but not hard to find. I have seen many of these over the years. If you can pick it up for a very reasonable price, it will be a nice addition for you.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Jan
    ?

Thanks guys ... IŽll give it a thought.

Best regards

Jan