Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Julius Lauterbach signature. Authentic?

Article about: Hey everyone. Does this signature look good? I would like to hear your input. Sorry for the link. I always have trouble posting pictures and this is no exception. Julius Lauterbach-Emden 187

Default Julius Lauterbach signature. Authentic?

Hey everyone. Does this signature look good? I would like to hear your input.
    Sorry for the link. I always have trouble posting pictures and this is no exception.
    Julius Lauterbach-Emden 1877-1937 signed postcard photo 4"x6" Marineoffizier | eBay

Thank you.

Luke

Default Re: Julius Lauterbach signature. Authentic?

Luke...it looks good, but then it would from a photo (I have added the postcard photo), you would need it in hand to see if it was handwritten or ink stamped, do you have an example of Lauterbach's signature to compare, either from a book or on the net ? a difficult one to determine...lets see if any one else has any thoughts, as it is not within my collecting sphere.......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Julius Lauterbach signature. Authentic?  

Hey Steve. Thanks for responding and for adding the photo. I have come across a few of his signatures on the net and I think they match up pretty good. But The copy of his book that I own that he signed has similarities but doesn't look 100% the same. I just don't know much about signatures. I know a person doesn't always sign the same. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
    Thanks again, Steve!

Luke

Steve, It's been a while but I did get the postcard. I had it framed with this print. The ship is the "Marie".

Luke

Luke, a super framed memento, I like it ! its a pity no one else had anything to contribute re the signature.....
    Prost ! Steve.

Thank you, Steve. I'm very happy with it.

Luke

Old thread here but figured I'd just go ahead and add to it. Picked this up at the Max Show a few weeks ago.

Luke