Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kaiserliche Marine badges, maybe...

Article about: Hello all, I recently picked up a small group of early badges and these two were in the lot. I have not been able to fully identify either of them and would appreciate your help. One I belie

?

Default Kaiserliche Marine badges, maybe...

Hello all,

I recently picked up a small group of early badges and these two were in the lot. I have not been able to fully identify either of them and would appreciate your help.

One I believe is a post-war made veterans association badge. It bears the name of a ship, the Elbing, which I assume is the ship the veteran served on. The details are not as crisp as similar badges that I've been able to find, but it still seems well made.

The other has me stumped. It is very well made and marked 'Ges Gesh 120' on the reverse. I'm assuming Kaiserliche Marine something or other but I cannot find a similar insignia with crossed shovels over the anchor. Also, the pin is horizontal rather than vertical, which I found interesting.

Thank you for your help and insight, it is greatly appreciated!

-Ryan

Kaiserliche Marine badges, maybe...Kaiserliche Marine badges, maybe...Kaiserliche Marine badges, maybe...Kaiserliche Marine badges, maybe...Kaiserliche Marine badges, maybe...Kaiserliche Marine badges, maybe...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kaiserliche Marine badges, maybe...
    P
    Many

The bottom one is indeed a veterans pin. "Ges.Gesch" means protected by law.
    It's kind of like our Copy right or patented marks.

Sorry I can't help with the other pin.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 11-24-2017 at 04:29 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by RDUNE View Post
    One I believe is a post-war made veterans association badge. It bears the name of a ship, the Elbing, which I assume is the ship the veteran served on. The details are not as crisp as similar badges that I've been able to find, but it still seems well made.
    It's not a ship's name, but merely a geographical designation: Note that it says "MARINEVEREIN ELBING U. UMG. [= UND UMGEBUNG]". This would be a membership badge for the Naval Veterans' Association of Elbing (today Elbląg in Poland) and the surrounding area.

?

Thank you both for your input, it is very helpful :-)

Any ideas on the anchor badge? A naval construction unit perhaps?

MAP
    ?

You maybe could start by trying to determine what the meaning of the crossed shovels and then go from there. Personally I have no idea and can't help beyond that.

Maybe the shovels indicate a type of task on a ship? Shuttling coal into a boiler?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)